Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 03:09:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI Air lock help please..  (Read 963 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2009, 11:48:11 AM »

I just purchased an air latch for my MCI sedan door off e-bay, however as my bus was set up for bi-folds, there are no mounting points ect for the new latch. Could someone please send me or post a few pics of their air latch mounting points so I can get an idea how its supposed to look. Tks

John

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:05:20 PM »

John,
    I removed ours, but I can tell you there was a "box" built into the bulkhead at the rear the the stepwell to accomodate the air cylinder.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 01:39:23 PM »

John, These may not help. I took these from another bus, I did not put one on mine when I went to a sedan door.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 01:40:09 PM »

Another.

Tom Yaegle
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 04:32:53 PM »

So, near as I can tell, theres an "L" bracket in that back corner that sticks out from the box. When mounted, are all 4 mounting bolts outside the box ?

Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 06:43:21 PM »

John, Do you have the complete latch w/brackets? If not I can look to see what I have and send a pic.  Tom Y 

Tom Yaegle
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 04:25:00 AM »

John, Do you have the complete latch w/brackets? If not I can look to see what I have and send a pic.  Tom Y 

That be plus for the rest of us if you will. Thank you. And thank you for the previous photos.

I look up in my MCI-9 Parts Manual for the latching device but it must be the missing page from 3.3209 beyond...I am not sure.  If anyone have a parts manual of MCI- 5 or 8 or 9 that have the view of the short air cylinder with the mechanical locking devise…please if you will scan & post it. Or more photos of it. Thank you.
On page 3.3201, it show the Entrance Door with the key #35…P/N 3M-32-360 that is called Latch Pad plus P/N 3F-32-143 Shim.

I have taken my off a few years ago and now don’t remember how it was fasten into the box.

Hopeful Tom-Y or someone has more illustration that you need.

Sojourn for Christ, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 07:21:28 AM »

Tom, it would appear I have the latch, cylander and the brackett that holds them together. What Im missing is the bracket that goes between the bus and what I have..

This is what I have..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: