Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 09:05:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northern Minnesota Campout for Bus Nuts (all are invited)  (Read 10697 times)
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« on: August 20, 2009, 06:08:11 PM »

We are again gathering for a weekend of camping, cocktails, leef peeping, eating Craig's beer-butt-chicken, and perhaps even sampling some of his homemade wine and beer. There will also be the required tire kicking and telling of conversion lies.

Everyone is invited. Maybe you early departing snowbirds can stop in on your way south.

We will gather Sept 25, 26 and 27 (Fri, Sat and Sun).

The location is still being decided, but will again be in the area north of Hinckley and south of Duluth. Unless we find a much better spot elsewhere. We will try to nail down the location in the next week and post it back here.

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
cody

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 06:14:35 PM »

thats the same weekend as BK's rally
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 08:18:40 PM »

I've been thinking about BK's rally that weekend, but a Minnesota rally would certainly be less expensive to attend.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 06:13:27 AM »

We are again gathering for a weekend of camping, cocktails, leef peeping, eating Craig's beer-butt-chicken, and perhaps even sampling some of his homemade wine and beer. There will also be the required tire kicking and telling of conversion lies.

Everyone is invited. Maybe you early departing snowbirds can stop in on your way south.

We will gather Sept 25, 26 and 27 (Fri, Sat and Sun).

The location is still being decided, but will again be in the area north of Hinckley and south of Duluth. Unless we find a much better spot elsewhere. We will try to nail down the location in the next week and post it back here.

I'd like to sugeest 4880 Claude Tucker Rd, Union City, TN!

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=12698.0

youse nertherners need to come down fer the weekend and join us! We gonna have a blast! Beside Craig can't be in 2 places at once! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 09:11:58 PM »

Beside Craig can't be in 2 places at once!
[/quote]

I would love to be in TN that weekend, but unfortunately, this trip to CO and WY has put a crimp in my unemployed wallet, and while the unemployed part is changing next week, I have to make this trip again in December, so I think I'm going to have to stay close to home for awhile.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »

OK, here is the promised info on this years site. We have moved a short distance from where we were last year.

This year we will be at the Moose Lake City Campground, on Sept 25, 26 and 27. They are located on 4th Street and Birch Avenue, between the lake and the high school. Their phone number is 218 485-4761. Please mention that you are with the Bus-Nuts when you call.

The sites are nice and level, with electric and water hookups for 24.00 a night. Sites with sewer hookups are also available, and of course there is a dump station there.

We walked through the campground tonight, and it is nice and quiet. The camp ground sits right on the lake. It is a smaller campground, but since it will be later in the year, most of the seasonal folks will be gone. There will also be a small group of Holiday Ramblers staying there at the same time. Our block of sites will be very close to the shower and bathroom building, which was very clean when we checked them out. There are also tent camping sites available.

Being next door to the school, there is a nice playground close by. And 1 block out of the campground is the bike trail system that will offer many miles of nice riding on the different trails.

On the other side of the campground is the City Park, which has a nice swimming beach with changing and rest rooms.

We have set aside a block of sites at the back of the camp ground. They do not take credit cards, but will take your reservation and hold your spot for you, and you can pay them when you arrive.

I have been asked about the meals; are there pot luck meals; what is needed etc. Please give us a few more days, and we will have something worked out. This is pretty laid back, so i know it will all work out just fine. If i missed something, or if you have questions or suggestions, please let me know.

www.silverbrook-mn.com

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 08:03:12 PM »

I'll call them soon to reserve the space for us.

As for meals, I'm up for making beer butt chickens one night, if you want. Just let me know so I can get the chickens. I can do 3 chickens in my roaster.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 09:36:39 AM »

Thats great news Craig! That works out perfect, as i think we have someone bringing baked beans to go with them. I will let you guys know what is up as soon as Deb and i can get the rest worked out. We need to talk to Don and Sue too and see what they are planning.

www.silverbrook-mn.com

RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 10:06:01 AM »

Hey gang,

Is this the town of Moose Lake just southwest of Duluth??

If so, count the Barron Family in...

Mr Diehl and Fred are you guys gonna make the trek??

I'll see if I can get Billy McLaughlin to bring his bus and we'll bring a PA and do a little music for Y'all.

If that's okay with the folks in charge that is...

Lookinf forward to it...

Rick

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
Fredward

MC-5A #5401 8" roof raise 8V71 with MT647

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 12:03:52 PM »

We're going to be in Bayfield,WI thurs thru Sunday that weekend. It's a nice venu also.

Fred Thomson
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 12:40:58 PM »

I'll start doing some planning, but it's too early to tell what the hec we're doing yet, but the drive would be nice , not too far. Plus I could bring you some beer for that chicken Craig.

Grant

Have Fun!!
Grant
John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 01:02:52 PM »

Welcome Barrons! Yes, the location is Moose Lake which is right on !-35 about 30 miles south of Duluth. Mea culpa. I should have mentioned that in the first place. The music sounds awesome if you guys can work that out. We are looking forward to seeing all of you.

www.silverbrook-mn.com

Fredward

MC-5A #5401 8" roof raise 8V71 with MT647

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 09:09:34 PM »

Also all you Northern Minnesota types, the Diehls and us will be at the Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion at Rollag, MN Thursday - Saturday of Labor Day weekend. (www.rollag.com) in case you're interested in smelling some real coal and steam and chaff. Its quite the gathering and we've been known to enjoy a microbrew or two in the evenings after riding the steam train.
Fred

Fred Thomson
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 03:18:05 AM »

I'll start doing some planning, but it's too early to tell what the hec we're doing yet, but the drive would be nice , not too far. Plus I could bring you some beer for that chicken Craig.

Grant

Grant, if you are able to make it, bring me a couple bottles each of Butter Ripple Schnapps and Sour Puss Green Apple Schnapps. We can't buy them down here. Ask Mark and Donna about it
if you are not familiar. They introduced us to a special treat with them which we will share with the group.  Tongue

Hope you can make it.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2009, 06:28:27 AM »

Good Morning, Craig, I hope we can make it , sounds like there might be a demand for a load to run the border, if we come I sure will bring some. Might have to fill a water tank, haha

Have Fun!!
Grant
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: