Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 25, 2014, 10:09:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Northern Minnesota Campout for Bus Nuts (all are invited)  (Read 11084 times)
RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2009, 06:55:51 AM »

I wanna know why you guys keep calling Craig a "Beer Butt Chicken"Huh

That's not very nice. He seems alright to me Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2009, 08:28:21 AM »

I wanna know why you guys keep calling Craig a "Beer Butt Chicken"Huh
That's not very nice. He seems alright to me Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin

Rick,
    My guess is that you have not tasted Craig's delicious beer but chicken.  Some of the best chicken I have ever ate.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2009, 06:33:05 PM »

Hey Grant, if you make it down and still have a bit of room left under the dinette, i would really appreciate 2 bottles of the Butter Ripple too. Craig, i found the Sour Puss Green Apple in Cloquet, so it is around here, but no sign at all of the Butter Ripple.

Hope to see you guys in a month!

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 08:15:32 AM »

Don and Sue, and Deb and I spent the long weekend at Wm O'Brian (Brian and Hillary, we almost expected to find you guys down by the river, or riding by on bikes). It looks like we may nail the fall color this year, as the early turners are starting. Deb is worried that all the leaves will be gone by then, but i am sure that won't happen. As far as the menu goes, we did start to discuss it, but got side tracked. I remember that Fri will be just left pretty open, as people will arrive at different times. So i hope Craig can do the bb chicken for Sat night. Sound OK Craig? I will chk back with Deb and Sue and see what else we can decide.

www.silverbrook-mn.com

RickB

81 MCI 9 smooth side 8V71 Allison 754

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 11:02:56 AM »

John.

We must have just missed you... we were in Taylors Falls but we drove up the Wisconsin side (road on the Minnesota side is a "thump-Thump" road). We reserved a site and are looking forward to it!!

Rick

I will drive my Detroit hard... I will drive my Detroit hard.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »

Don and Sue, and Deb and I spent the long weekend at Wm O'Brian (Brian and Hillary, we almost expected to find you guys down by the river, or riding by on bikes). It looks like we may nail the fall color this year, as the early turners are starting. Deb is worried that all the leaves will be gone by then, but i am sure that won't happen. As far as the menu goes, we did start to discuss it, but got side tracked. I remember that Fri will be just left pretty open, as people will arrive at different times. So i hope Craig can do the bb chicken for Sat night. Sound OK Craig? I will chk back with Deb and Sue and see what else we can decide.

Sounds good to me. What's the head count?

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 07:36:09 PM »

Hi John,
We would also like to know how many to plan for when you have a number. We will be bringing baked beans for Saturday night. Will we need to contribute to other meals or snack times? We have our reservation made and hope to arrive Friday afternoon. I don't drink alcohol in any form but my wife will drink a glass of wine. Would you like us to bring some wine or root beer and ice cream for floats? We are looking forward to the rally.
Thanks, Sam and Charlet Sperbeck

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 07:50:27 PM »

How soon do I have to let you folks know if I am coming or not?  Are they going to run out of sites?  I would only be able to show up Saturday around 6 pm and then head home by noon Sunday.  I need to have the bus back home Sunday afternoon to start loading for a trip leaving the following Tuesday.

I will be in Albert Lea Saturday until 2 pm and then heading up to Moose Lake if I go.  I still have 15 things to do on the bus before my big trip, but I really want to have everything done by the 20th so I am not finishing things an hour before we leave like the past two years.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 04:43:25 AM »

Hi John,
We would also like to know how many to plan for when you have a number. We will be bringing baked beans for Saturday night. Will we need to contribute to other meals or snack times? We have our reservation made and hope to arrive Friday afternoon. I don't drink alcohol in any form but my wife will drink a glass of wine. Would you like us to bring some wine or root beer and ice cream for floats? We are looking forward to the rally.
Thanks, Sam and Charlet Sperbeck

Ooooo!  Ice cream floats sound good.  Chocolate ice cream and Coke, or vanilla and root beer.  Tongue

« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 04:49:34 AM by gumpy » Logged

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 04:49:08 AM »

How soon do I have to let you folks know if I am coming or not?  Are they going to run out of sites?  I would only be able to show up Saturday around 6 pm and then head home by noon Sunday.  I need to have the bus back home Sunday afternoon to start loading for a trip leaving the following Tuesday.

I will be in Albert Lea Saturday until 2 pm and then heading up to Moose Lake if I go.  I still have 15 things to do on the bus before my big trip, but I really want to have everything done by the 20th so I am not finishing things an hour before we leave like the past two years.

Call the number and make a reservation for a spot for Saturday night. If it's just you, don't worry about it. There will be plenty of food. If you're bringing friends, it would be good to have a bit of notice, but not absolutely necessary.

We'll probably eat dinner around 6 on Saturday, I would expect, but if you're late, there will probably be leftovers.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 08:54:11 AM »

Rick, i know what you mean about the thump-thump road. Have you any more news on the music?

Sam, the beans sound great, as does the root beer floats (vanilla ice cream)! LOL Friday night, everyone should just plan on their own meal due to the different arrival times. You may beat us to the camp ground Fri. I think we (Don, Sue, Deb and I) can do the breakfast on Sat, although they won't know that until they read this. Chicken and beans for Sat night. No ideas have come forth for Sunday as of this time, but we are open to any and all suggestions.

We really don't want to get too organized, so i am sure it will all work out.

Brian, we have one end of the campground so space should not be a problem. Go ahead and call the campground and let them know you are going to be there Sat night.

Again, if i hear more info on meals or menus, i will let you all know.

cya soon.

www.silverbrook-mn.com

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 08:58:01 AM »

Brian, we have one end of the campground so space should not be a problem. Go ahead and call the campground and let them know you are going to be there Sat night.

My concern is if they will run out of spots if I wait another week or so to decide if I want to go.  If I don't get the work done on my bus I can't go as I will be busy finishing things up for my big trip leaving on the 29th.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 10:00:12 AM »

Don't worry Brian, there will be a spot for you!

www.silverbrook-mn.com

Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 04:30:01 PM »

The Diehl family has completed a reservation for Friday and Saturday nights.  We will be there!

Okay, what more is needed for food on Saturday?  Do we need to bring bread or brownies or buns ... etc?
John Z

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2009, 08:00:22 PM »

Brian, glad to hear you and the family are coming. Stand by - Deb and Sue have been working on the grocery list. Deb will have it posted soon.

www.silverbrook-mn.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: