Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 21, 2014, 09:05:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: thought about it?  (Read 1589 times)
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2006, 07:57:13 PM »

I drove my bus to work for the first time.
You should have seen the reactions.
I was surprised how many people that know I知 working on a bus conversion thought I was working on a skoolie until they seen it(no thing wrong with that).
Well anyhow some people started telling me about a bus conversion with a sign in the window that had a car underneath, not far from work.
Of coarse I had to check it out, A very nice guy owns it and we talked for hours.
The coach is a 4903 (1968) with a shortened Honda in the center bay (600I think).
He said the bus was featured in FMCA mag around December or January, I知 not sure I知 not a member.
Did any of you FMCA members see this bus in a magazine?
I値l post 2 pictures; the bus is very nice.
Oh the stories, Lynyrd Skynyrd with his old bus.
Anyway I had a good evening with a fellow bus nut maybe 10 miles from my home that I never knew was there.
Here痴 the pix=

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
Torquester

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 08:37:15 PM »

I was surprised how many people that know I知 working on a bus conversion thought I was working on a skoolie until they seen it

Yup, That is the reaction I get too. I love it when they see the big white Eagle and rethink their stereotypes.

Torquester
1974 Silver Eagle, 3406 Caterpillar, South Dakota
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 05:06:08 AM »

Hi Ed,

That's Harold O'Brian,

He is in my dad's club, Twentyth Century Wagontrainers a sub of FMCA.

I saw that car when I was a kid. He's had it that long....

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 07:19:07 AM »

Nick yes it is.
It痴 too bad about his health forcing the sale of his bus.

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 09:56:15 AM »

It used to bother me when people assumed I was converting a schoolie.

Now I enjoy the reaction of shock & disbelief that I have what they call "A REAL BUS". Grin

It is funny to observe how people react. You will be surprised by some. One neighbor, who is a neat nick & has to have everything new & spotless, just loves the bus & quite enthusiastic about the possibilities for the future with a 52 year old coach.

Then there is the guy that has an old Winnie that thinks mine is disgusting...Sometimes my wife wants to agree with him, the sad part is I can't disagree completely for now. But once the interior work begins......

I can't wait to drive her to work Smiley maybe I'll get a raise Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 01:27:02 PM »

Or maby they will think they are paying you to much. LOL
Love the reaction from people when I tell them I have a 1973 MCI, their reply is that is old, then they look at it and say WOW.
love it.
ED MCI 7

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
Merlin

Run away before the kids come back home.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 04:25:05 PM »

It used to bother me when people assumed I was converting a schoolie. ...
Exactly !!  Same reaction we would get when dealing with flooring, furniture, window covering shops, etc.  It was blatant. One time my wife was agonizing over selection of a small leather couch, and the sales lady was sticking right with her ... until ... the wife mentioned that this was for our bus conversion.  The sales lady's eyes glazed over, and she made some excuse that she had to check on something in the back room.  We never saw her again.   Undecided

Wife and I have now make an effort to tell anyone we encounter that it is a MOTORCOACH  ... the word "bus" is verboten.  "Motorcoach" seems to get us more respect.    Grin  Not that I would be any less proud of our conversion had we decided to use a big yellow school bus shell.

Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 06:39:42 PM »

Yer Just a bunch of old hippies..... Flower Power....
Hey that guy lives in an old schoolbus.....

I love it when people have asked me how much money I make with the bus... I say NONE... They get so confused...

I had a guy ask me one day why on earth would I want and old bus?

I leaned against the handrail of his 40 foot Cabin Cruiser and asked him who in their right mind want's to live
on a boat in Florida.... He abruptly changed the subject.. My parting shot was that at least my bus won't sink!!!!

Oh Well.... Some People.....

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 09:22:53 PM »

When I'm on the road I simply tell people ..... I live In a VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER .... then they just leave me alone ..(sigh)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 05:33:32 AM »

Occasionally I pick my wife up from work in the bus when we are heading out of town for a weekend trip.  After one of these trips, when my wife went back to work on Monday, a fellow employee asked her where she went on that bus and was that a senior citizens bus?  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Merlin

Run away before the kids come back home.

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2006, 07:09:11 AM »

... was that a senior citizens bus?

Ouch ouch ouch ... that's worse than being called a bookmobile.  My bus has three prominent cast metal plaques, "Private Coach", and people STILL ask "What is it?"  ... geesh.

Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: