Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 01:33:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update....  (Read 608 times)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« on: August 24, 2009, 07:20:04 PM »

So, I got back from Central Power, with the coolant. I decided to fire the bus up, and to let it warm up. While it was warming, I decided to troubleshoot our cooling issues that mysteriously started. I got my IR gun out, and started checking. Yup, the gauges were working right, yup everything else was checking out. I then decided to make sure that the fan clutch was working right (it is a temperature controlled, air actuated Hortan clutch system). I flipped the manual testing switch, and nothing happened. Normally the fans would kick up from the idle to the speed that the engine was running.

I then proceed to trace the line to see where it goes. Ah Ha! I figured it out. I had removed the air cylinder for the bathroom (the one that closed the door), and no big deal, I just ripped it out. Well, I didn't notice that it continued back to the fans.

I decided to just run a new line, from where I had capped off the original one. I proceeded to remove the 90 fitting that I wanted to replace. Of course, in that process, I sheered another tee off (I wasn't even putting stress on it), that was in the same manifold. I had to buy a extractor, to remove the part that was sheered off (I will try to post picks). I finally got a lot of it put back together.

And now the fuel line Sad. Arrrrggghhh.

I still didn't get the coolant changed, and the oil changed, like I wanted to today. Tomorrow, I hope to get that done.

16 days till departure. Tanks just arrived today, and we have gotten most of the wire run for the cabin. Also the cabinets are almost done. The Oasis is mostly hooked up, and the our power system is hooked back up. Think we will make it?  Grin Grin Grin I won't even list what we still have to do Grin Grin Grin.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:26:38 PM »

Departure date impending seems to be the best motivator to get stuff done on the coach.

Usually in the falling snow for me....

Sounds like you're doing fine!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:08:56 PM »

I do things by the LIST

The most important is at the top and I work my way down from there.

Somewhere on the list is a line that must be crossed before we can depart.

As I complete items and get more things done the line gets moved and I keep doing

GOOD LUCK getting what needs to be done and getting on the road

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:35:07 PM »

Stay with it John, Estes Park, Co is waiting. M&C

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/