Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 20, 2014, 11:52:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!!!!!  (Read 2458 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 08:22:14 AM »

RJ,
I am saddened by this highly disrespectful way of showing off their artistic talents!

But on the other hand I've seen others spend mega$ on paint jobs that don't look that good!

Maybe you could work something out with the punks who did this. Say maybe park another bus that is not such a classic there (like a smooth side MCI, Prevost, or Van Hool) there and let them do a "full wrap mural" on it and not charge them for the "free canvas space" in exchange that they leave your classic alone in the future! Grin

Just a thought! (oh yeah, then you could charge for the custom paint job on the smoothie! LOL!)
Grin  BK  Grin 

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 08:55:16 AM »

Maybe you could work something out with the punks who did this. Say maybe park another bus that is not such a classic there (like a smooth side MCI, Prevost, or Van Hool) there and let them do a "full wrap mural" on it and not charge them for the "free canvas space" in exchange that they leave your classic alone in the future! Grin

Just a thought! (oh yeah, then you could charge for the custom paint job on the smoothie! LOL!)
Grin  BK  Grin 

Not to make light of the disgraceful criminal act, nor agreeing with capitulating to criminals (catapulting them might be more fun), but simply an example of what BK is talking about, a double decker in London:

http://www.world-graffiti.com/2009/05/the-boom-bus-awesome-graffiti-bus/
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2009, 09:20:58 AM »

As my wife has said-it's too bad you can't electrify the exterior of the bus so that when the wet spray paint hits it, the person spraying the paint would get a healthy shock.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Airbag

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2009, 10:11:26 AM »

I sure am sorry that happened to you. Our youth have gone off the deep end. I have a son in San Quintin that thought it would be a good idea to hook up with these homeys.

I think if they should round up the gangs, put them on a barge tow it 300 miles out to sea and scuttle it.

My neighbor parks his semi on the street between runs and has been hit twice.

Laquer thinner should remove it.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2009, 10:43:40 AM »

Hi RJ,

No worries.... Just put on a TYE DYE shirt, a Bandanna, and grow a scruffy beard and your good to go..... Shocked

No One will ever notice! Grin

No disrespect intended!
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 11:14:36 AM »

My heart goes out to you RJ. If I was in the area I would come and help you clean it off.

A sting or capture of any kind is useless.  They tell the judge they did it because they did not know any better, or they had a poor childhood. And of couse we as a compasionate society let them go.

JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
CindyandJohn

1989 Eagle Model 15 6V92

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2009, 11:22:31 AM »

Sorry to see the bus get painted like that. Like the other guys are saying even if you caught them red handed there isn't much the PD will do, hey have their hands full of plenty of other issues and graffiti is a trivial item to them - unless it happens to the PD building itself!

On another note - did you guys visit that painted bus site: http://www.boombus.co.uk  that is quite an interesting idea those people are working on.

John

Will be away from our bus for a while Sad
Airbag

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2009, 12:33:01 PM »

Hi RJ,

No worries.... Just put on a TYE DYE shirt, a Bandanna, and grow a scruffy beard and your good to go..... Shocked

No One will ever notice! Grin

No disrespect intended!
Nick-

Hi Nick
You know when I was a boy growing up in the basements of Haight Ashbury experimenting in chemistry we were bottom end specimens of humanity but we never even considered hurting anybody and vandalism was not on our agenda either. I really don't know what happened but I think us bottom end specimens probably have to share some of the blame. Got to go I've got some tee shirts to rubber band.  Grin Grin
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2009, 02:38:48 PM »

I had a car get spray can painted and just used paint thinner or laquar thinner to remove it . it wiped rite off,

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2009, 03:54:46 PM »

Before You try any of the solvents try wiping with plain old gasoline!  A lot of the cheap spray cans will wipe right off with gas.  If Your luck is like mine they stole the paint from a quality paint dealer LOL.  Good luck with Your cleanup and repair.  Regards, John
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2009, 05:03:06 PM »

In San Diego the bridge pillars and freeway undersides were ALWAYS being tagged and the city had a full time crew painting over all that stuff.  The city had a idea presented from the Mex community.  They declared the side of the structures the property of the Mex community and asked that it be "painted" and maintained by the community.  Those people spent a few weeks creating absolute art in scenes and portraits.  Now that art style is not to my liking but it sure was beautiful to many.  There was not a single "tag" on any of those walls for years.  The community would track the scoundrels down, rip out their heart and crap in their chest cavity.....or worse.  Those Mex took a lot of pride in their neighbor hood/barrio or whatever.  Just another case of the leftist Kalifornicators trying to.........

I have serious issues with taggers myself.  Seems nothing can be done.  Most of the culprits are under 16 and those kind of crook just never comes into season regardless of your license.

Good luck to all with this issue.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: