Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 09:17:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New "Ignore User" option. Hey - nobody's listening to me!!  (Read 3138 times)
Stormcloud
FMCA#407220

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2009, 10:37:59 AM »

"I am wondering why the person that is ignoring so many people even comes here if they don't want to see what we are saying. "

...cause I dont have a life!!!!..lol...just kidding..it wasnt' me...heck Im not even ignored once yet....
Im kinda feeling left out.......

Hey...Ignore-amus...dont forget to ignore me too....

ps: Hi Dallas

Mark

Mark Morgan    near Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
1972 MCI-7     'PapaBus'  8v-71N MT654 Automatic
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2009, 10:39:08 AM »

I am conflicted.  Gumpy hit my thoughts on the head.  I pretty much just scan the threads from some people but I still value knowing when they post.  So BubbaG gets my thanks for mentioning that we still get to see when the party posts.

I doubt that I will use this feature.  I have no trouble ignoring people if that is want I want to do and I learn stuff from even the most unlikely or unlikable sources even if it is only what a bad example looks like up close.  I have to admit that I was amused by one post to me that stated that they would not read any of my posts but they said that after a long and bitter harangue.  This is a beautiful way, for those so enclined, to have the absolute word.

MODS
I hope the moderators will give some more thought to the feature whereby the PM mail system returns "blocked" mail as undeliverable.  What could anyone fear from this?  A bad PM?  Being up front about your feelings?  We are admonished to do things "in the light".  Or maybe not being able to snicker about  someone's futile efforts till the AH gets the "message"?

Bottom line: I prefer options and I support the Mod staff.

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2009, 03:32:22 PM »

I'm with Gumpy,  I just page on down If I want to ignore something somebody says or I'm having a short attention span kinda day, but i haven't found reason to completely ignore a fellow member all together.

Since the number of people ignoring me matches the number of members on the board,  I can say whatever the heck I want now Shocked Grin  I might go ahead and post that nudey picture of uncle ned Cheesy

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2009, 04:37:15 PM »

NewbeeMC9 - you are ONE FUNNY GUY!!  Grin  Cheesy  Grin

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2009, 04:47:54 PM »

Survivor - Busnut

You will be voted off the island.

Who wants to form a voting alliance here in the early stages of the show?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: