Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 07:16:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did I get myself into?????  (Read 554 times)
frontman
Frontman

Ignore
« on: September 04, 2009, 06:15:21 AM »

I just got the roof raised and all of the floor,siding, skins , and caps off of my Eagle 15.  I am sandblasting the good tubing and replacing the bad stuff.  The way things are looking, my "fixing up my bus" project has turned into a frame up restoration project. 
Don't get me wrong, I am very glad that I didn't put a band-aid  on a broken bone.  It would have been bad to sink a bunch of money into this project and not have a good base.  The other great thing about peeling this baby down to nothing is that I am learning so much about the bus and how it is built. 
I'm used to taking on big projects with home renovations and I do those the same way, strip them down and then build the up new.  I know this is a different animal and I'm enjoying the challenge.  The advice from members on this board has helped me get as far as I have and I thank everyone for their input.
I want to go with all new wiring, and I was thinking about moving it into the coach instead of having it under the driver.  Is there any pros or cons with this undertaking?
Also, I have been trying to get in touch with Silver Eagle about LED lighting and the phone doesn't work and they are not responding to my emails.  Has anyone else tried to reach them lately?

Well, gotta run, I have metal to grind!

Chad

Chad
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 06:22:26 AM »

Hi Chad,

As far as the wiring goes, do it so you can pull new wires and make it accessible. Run some conduit along the frame or wherever you can large enough to hold what you need and then add 10% or more. You might find out from Kentucky Steve how he is going to do it, information in his profile on the Eagle site.

Silver Eagle is in the process of moving to TN, not sure why you can't get in touch with them though. I know they have several trailers loaded and ready to head to their new home. Other than that, it's all I know at the present.

Sounds like you're getting your feet wet, just don't drown as many do. Take it one step at a time and she'll come out great!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: