Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 03:37:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Auto Park"????  (Read 2952 times)
Timkar

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 07:13:26 PM »

Tried the seatbelt..no go. Will have to get in there and find out exactly what engine/trans it is.
Maybe it's actually a chev 6.5 diesel and trans, not sure. Took him at his word when he said Isuzu...Thanks again for any ideas.

Cawston, British Columbia
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2006, 05:26:23 AM »

If I was you, I would try to get in touch with the former owners and ask to speak to a driver.  They can probably get you rolling in about 5 minutes.  I remember once, my brake lights quit working.  I noticed the wiring was in pretty bad shape around the lights, so I rewired it.  Nothing.  Changed all the bulbs, nothing.  Couldn't get fire anywhere on them.  Finally, one day an old mechanic came over.  First thing he did was check the wiring on the front panel.  It had a fuse.  It was blown.  I spent three days trying to figure out what the heck, he came in and fixed it in two or three minutes. 

So, get someone on the phone who drives those buses.  It's probably something simple.  I would do that before I went to snatchin' out drive shafts, etc... Wink

FWIW
Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2006, 05:36:23 AM »

Sounds like a safety lock on the shift lever as is common on all current vehicles. Is there a solenoid of some type in the steering column?

but we cannot shift from drive.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 05:38:04 AM by DrivingMissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: