Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 09:46:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NO BUS CONVERSIONS !!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4322 times)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2006, 08:59:58 AM »

I'm so offended, my feelings are hurt, this is the first time I have seen it! Right there on there website for the whole world to see. This is slander and defamation of character we should file a class action lawsuit. What will my friends think?

Sun Resorts Inc.
                                    3000 Clarcona Rd. #99
                                    Apopka FL
                                                407 889 3048

I would not stay at thier stupid park if they gave it to me!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Dallas

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 09:06:17 AM »

There's just no accounting for taste!
I think we should all hop into our old yellow and blue and red, hand roller painted schoolies with the chimneys sticking out the windows and run down there to protest!
We could chain ourselves to the gates abnd carry peace signs!

Arsholes.

Dallas
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »

I think I'll write a little not to Passport America Angry. . . after I write a little note to Sun Resorts Angry, ha ha.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 09:18:03 AM »

Who in their right mind would want to stay in Apopka anyway...

They will go broke like most " SNOGGIES " which is my definition of a place whose **** don't stink...

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 09:21:52 AM »

Or better yet, roll in with a bunch of piece of s*&t RV's shedding parts on every bump.  Anything older than about 5 years should qualify nicely.  I don't know why you guys like staying in parks anyway.  Frankly, I'd rather stay at a Walmart.  No one to gripe about genset noise and anything you could ever need in right there.   
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 09:26:28 AM »

How about a link to the site!

The one I looked at didn't mention NO buses Huh

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 09:44:34 AM »

I was sooooo distraught, I feel better now with a couple of prozaks in me.  It is not on there website I never went there. It is on the Passport America site. No mail service, no open fires and NO BUS CONVERSIONS!!!!!!   Im really a mess, is there any busaholics meetings today, I could really use a meeting.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 09:45:31 AM »

http://www.passport-america.com/campgrounds/united_states/florida/apopka/sun_resorts_inc/Default.asp

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Merlin

Run away before the kids come back home.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 09:48:08 AM »

How about a link to the site!

The one I looked at didn't mention NO buses Huh

Cliff

Yep, it is there:
"Notes:
 Space availability basis. Advance reservations required during winter season. No open fires, mail service or converted buses. Pets must be kept on leash. *Rates are for 2 adults and up to 4 children, $3.00 for each additional person. $2.50 for cable. Rates do not include tax. Rental accommodations, see page 387."

Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 09:50:54 AM »

I was sooooo distraught, I feel better now with a couple of prozaks in me.  It is not on there website I never went there. It is on the Passport America site. No mail service, no open fires and NO BUS CONVERSIONS!!!!!!   Im really a mess, is there any busaholics meetings today, I could really use a meeting.

See?  You had the Flodia boys all ready to form a possy. Smiley
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 10:04:14 AM »

Gentlemen, please calm down.  I have sent an E-mail to the offending park, with a copy to JR, poor fellow, and stated our case. Cheesy

To add insult to injury I attached a copy of my beautiful bus conversion and my 2005 Scion, "Toad". Wink

I will wait until poor JR recovers and see if my letter added or detracted to his wll being. Undecided

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 10:46:35 AM »

Was looking at San Diego and noticed that De Anza RV Park is now Mission Bay RV Park.  This also stipulates 1990 or newer class A & C motorhomes and no transit or school bus conversions (www.missionbayrvpark.com).  Personally, I don't want or need these kinds of presumptuous RV parks that are trying to project a high end type of clientel. 
There was a saleman that I used to work with telling me about these buy your own site lot at some of these high end RV resorts in Palm Springs.  I nearly fell off my chair laughing at what some people think is so important to tell everyone else how they have made it in the world and look how successful I am.  All that tells me is that they were financially strapped when growing up and are now making up for lost time.  Personally don't need that kind of braggery, and constantly telling how much was spent on their motorhome (think Marathon).  So I don't worry about such RV resorts. I'd rather stay with the masses that have maybe less than perfect motorhomes and campers (even tent campers-oh my).  As always, do it your way, but don't get in the way of my way.  Good Luck,TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
n4rsn

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 01:07:50 PM »

I always try to stay at "HIGH END" parks.        Front higher than da back Roll Eyes      Da water runs out of da bath tub better 
let me see if I can figure this picture post thing-a-mabobber
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 02:51:46 PM »

I get the biggest kick out of reading the contributions here.  You fella's are not only the most "down to earth" folks I've ever associated with but have the greatest senses of humor possible! Grin

We all put our britches on, one leg at a time, it doesn't make any difference if your driving a top of the line, Prevost, the Best Class A that money can buy, or one of our humble Bus Conversions.  We're all RV'ers, and while we in the BusNut community seem to have our own ideas as to how it's done with the most safety (AND a measure of Class),  the bottom line (Oh! How I hate that expression!) is that we're a bit more tolerant than some of our fellow RV'er's and a whole lot more sensitive to those who can only afford to covert the "Schoolie's"! Grin

I wonder how "The Partridge Family" and their bus would be accepted in the park being discussed?  Would Shirley Jones, and clan, be ejected into the roadway because of their converted Schoolie?

Let's just roll with the flow and keep our little corner of the world, cordial, gracious and NUTTY!

My 2 cents!

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 03:04:52 PM »

The info about NO buses is only on the Passport-america site.

I couldn't find it on there site.  http://www.sunrvresorts.net/

Anyway, as Dave said "Apopka"  If thats your idea of a destination you need a travel agent. Wink

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: