Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 21, 2014, 02:51:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NO BUS CONVERSIONS !!!!!!!!!!  (Read 3881 times)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« on: July 16, 2006, 08:59:58 AM »

I'm so offended, my feelings are hurt, this is the first time I have seen it! Right there on there website for the whole world to see. This is slander and defamation of character we should file a class action lawsuit. What will my friends think?

Sun Resorts Inc.
                                    3000 Clarcona Rd. #99
                                    Apopka FL
                                                407 889 3048

I would not stay at thier stupid park if they gave it to me!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

Dallas

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 09:06:17 AM »

There's just no accounting for taste!
I think we should all hop into our old yellow and blue and red, hand roller painted schoolies with the chimneys sticking out the windows and run down there to protest!
We could chain ourselves to the gates abnd carry peace signs!

Arsholes.

Dallas
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »

I think I'll write a little not to Passport America Angry. . . after I write a little note to Sun Resorts Angry, ha ha.  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 09:18:03 AM »

Who in their right mind would want to stay in Apopka anyway...

They will go broke like most " SNOGGIES " which is my definition of a place whose **** don't stink...

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 09:21:52 AM »

Or better yet, roll in with a bunch of piece of s*&t RV's shedding parts on every bump.  Anything older than about 5 years should qualify nicely.  I don't know why you guys like staying in parks anyway.  Frankly, I'd rather stay at a Walmart.  No one to gripe about genset noise and anything you could ever need in right there.   
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 09:26:28 AM »

How about a link to the site!

The one I looked at didn't mention NO buses Huh

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 09:44:34 AM »

I was sooooo distraught, I feel better now with a couple of prozaks in me.  It is not on there website I never went there. It is on the Passport America site. No mail service, no open fires and NO BUS CONVERSIONS!!!!!!   Im really a mess, is there any busaholics meetings today, I could really use a meeting.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 09:45:31 AM »

http://www.passport-america.com/campgrounds/united_states/florida/apopka/sun_resorts_inc/Default.asp

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Merlin

Run away before the kids come back home.

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 09:48:08 AM »

How about a link to the site!

The one I looked at didn't mention NO buses Huh

Cliff

Yep, it is there:
"Notes:
 Space availability basis. Advance reservations required during winter season. No open fires, mail service or converted buses. Pets must be kept on leash. *Rates are for 2 adults and up to 4 children, $3.00 for each additional person. $2.50 for cable. Rates do not include tax. Rental accommodations, see page 387."

Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 09:50:54 AM »

I was sooooo distraught, I feel better now with a couple of prozaks in me.  It is not on there website I never went there. It is on the Passport America site. No mail service, no open fires and NO BUS CONVERSIONS!!!!!!   Im really a mess, is there any busaholics meetings today, I could really use a meeting.

See?  You had the Flodia boys all ready to form a possy. Smiley
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 10:04:14 AM »

Gentlemen, please calm down.  I have sent an E-mail to the offending park, with a copy to JR, poor fellow, and stated our case. Cheesy

To add insult to injury I attached a copy of my beautiful bus conversion and my 2005 Scion, "Toad". Wink

I will wait until poor JR recovers and see if my letter added or detracted to his wll being. Undecided

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 10:46:35 AM »

Was looking at San Diego and noticed that De Anza RV Park is now Mission Bay RV Park.  This also stipulates 1990 or newer class A & C motorhomes and no transit or school bus conversions (www.missionbayrvpark.com).  Personally, I don't want or need these kinds of presumptuous RV parks that are trying to project a high end type of clientel. 
There was a saleman that I used to work with telling me about these buy your own site lot at some of these high end RV resorts in Palm Springs.  I nearly fell off my chair laughing at what some people think is so important to tell everyone else how they have made it in the world and look how successful I am.  All that tells me is that they were financially strapped when growing up and are now making up for lost time.  Personally don't need that kind of braggery, and constantly telling how much was spent on their motorhome (think Marathon).  So I don't worry about such RV resorts. I'd rather stay with the masses that have maybe less than perfect motorhomes and campers (even tent campers-oh my).  As always, do it your way, but don't get in the way of my way.  Good Luck,TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
n4rsn

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 01:07:50 PM »

I always try to stay at "HIGH END" parks.        Front higher than da back Roll Eyes      Da water runs out of da bath tub better 
let me see if I can figure this picture post thing-a-mabobber
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 02:51:46 PM »

I get the biggest kick out of reading the contributions here.  You fella's are not only the most "down to earth" folks I've ever associated with but have the greatest senses of humor possible! Grin

We all put our britches on, one leg at a time, it doesn't make any difference if your driving a top of the line, Prevost, the Best Class A that money can buy, or one of our humble Bus Conversions.  We're all RV'ers, and while we in the BusNut community seem to have our own ideas as to how it's done with the most safety (AND a measure of Class),  the bottom line (Oh! How I hate that expression!) is that we're a bit more tolerant than some of our fellow RV'er's and a whole lot more sensitive to those who can only afford to covert the "Schoolie's"! Grin

I wonder how "The Partridge Family" and their bus would be accepted in the park being discussed?  Would Shirley Jones, and clan, be ejected into the roadway because of their converted Schoolie?

Let's just roll with the flow and keep our little corner of the world, cordial, gracious and NUTTY!

My 2 cents!

Bob

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 03:04:52 PM »

The info about NO buses is only on the Passport-america site.

I couldn't find it on there site.  http://www.sunrvresorts.net/

Anyway, as Dave said "Apopka"  If thats your idea of a destination you need a travel agent. Wink

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 03:21:42 PM »

Since it is only on the Passport America site, maybe they figger all the Passsport America members are old hippies in old school buses?  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 03:34:46 PM »

If you want to go to Apopka, Go to Kelly Park a county park that we have enjoyed.  I think they will let your bus in if not full.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 05:38:37 PM »

Heck there's a Super Wal Mart on 441 just down the street from IBP and if Wal Mart is full, I would just go to IBP... 1/2 mile away to the south.. Cool
( Just Kidding Guys about parking at IBP ) unless I was getting parts... Well Then.... Wink Wink Roll Eyes

brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2006, 05:19:53 AM »

Angry  I say, screw'em.  Someday, they'll beg for our buses!!!  When they are all stuck on the side of the road because there's no fuel, and we are just rolling along with all our buses smelling like french fries!  Instead of sticking their noses in the air, they'll be sticking they're thumbs in the air!

At least that's what I think... Roll Eyes

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2006, 08:10:44 AM »

Here is the reply I received this morning from Sun Resorts in answer to my E-mail:________________________

In answer to all those conversion bus owners who have declared war on us…

We are uncertain what has caused this backlash from conversion bus owners but in more than thirty years of successfully hosting campers, we have never had such an issue about buses until now. Yes, we have a camping facility within a condominium association that has a rule of no converted buses. This rule was implemented years ago because not all bus conversions are the same in safety and appearance. However, this rule does not apply to the quality RV type buses that we are getting hammered over by e-mail andapparently a bulletin board at gobusing.com. We have and will continue to host Prevost, Blue Birds and many other types ofbuses.

In addition, at the expense of being beat up by owners with units longer than forty feet, the size of our camping sites, orange county ordinances and the association setback requirements will allow us to host units no longer than forty feet. We regret we are unable to host larger units.

For those of you who think we are in Apopka, we are not in Apopka although our address states Apopka, we are in NW Orange County close to Apopka and Orlando about 35 minutes from Disney. Being in beautiful Central Florida is definitely a great place to be.

Lastly, we are definitely not a snooty better than thou camping facility that does not appreciate the fine folks that own conversion buses. If we can host you, we absolutely will.

Thank you,

Sun Resorts

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IMHO, perhaps it was that someone might have garnered the wrong impression from a Website without verifiying the information with the campground?  It's not for me to determine... Undecided

Bob

Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2006, 10:53:04 AM »

Well, if the web site says "no conversions" but doesn't mean it, they ought to clarify the
web site.  It's called "communication": Saying what you mean in a way that the reader or
listener cannot possibly mis-interpret the meaning of what you say.

As for "High-end" parks that are "too good" for ordinary folks, one should remember the meaning
of "status" (as in keeping-up-with-the-Joneses):  Status:  Buying things you don't need with
money you don't have to impress people you don't like. Grin

Clarke
Casper4104

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2006, 01:45:58 PM »

The website was pretty clear - "No converted buses".  Kinda tough to misunderstand that.

Maybe what they meant to say was "No converted buses unless it looks really nice", or maybe "No converted buses that will embarass our snooty clientele".

Here's the neat part - they have tent sites! But don't allow fires,,, that's like having sausage grave but no biscuits, ain't it?  Green Korean War surplus army tent, cooler, rusty Coleman lantern,,, (great way to really camp BTW) No problem.  Polished stainless Prevost with Jacuzzi and Home Theatre - not welcome.

I'll see you guys at Wal-Mart

Casper

If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 01:49:59 PM »

Sun Resorts, by posting the "no bus conversions" sign (they probably have an RV age limit too), allow themselves the legal lattitude to refuse "skooliies" and hippy buses, and about anything else that is really offensive.  I've camped in several "no bus conversions" campgrounds, and those with 10 year age limits, with my coach and never had a problem.  However, the campground could refuse someone if they chose.  My guess is that the "refused" RV or coach would be something that no one would wish to camp next to.   Campground owners may  have other limits too...home style ACs, electric heaters,  and pets.
Be careful for what you wish for in non-exclusive campgrounds....it can get really nasty!  Wink
I'm heading out to a "no bus conversions" campground at Lowes Motor Speedway.   Fleetwood Camping Resort...gotta watch for that "Re$ort" word...but they don't cull many campers from what I saw last year at Fleetwood.  
I don't care for really "upscale" campgrounds....as I'm more of a redneck than any other description, but I don't want any out of control situations nearby either.   Some rules (and order) are good.
I wouldn't be too hard on Sun Resorts....these rules are quite common.   Modern campgrounds often have a page of fine-print rules...many of which you don't find out about until you register.  
All these rules remind me of the "No Alcohol" signs at bluegrass festivals...those signs are a joke...however, if one becomes obnoxious, the gendarme will put them out.  
Cheers, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
edvanland

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 03:09:35 PM »

Did not buy my bus or other motor homes to go to a place and be ten feet or less from the next guy, unless it was my group, then we would be three feet apart if need be. I have always liked the wide open spaces where I could do it my way. 
Don't need to spend high dollars to put up with their cr----p.
As is always said
DO IT YOUR WAY
ED
MCI 7

Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 05:56:14 PM »

Actually having the rule may not be all that bad in one sense.
The central Florida area is a tourist attraction anywhere within 50 miles of Disney. There are lots of nice neat looking motorhomes and Bus conversions that come into the area year round.

But there are also some really trashy looking rigs that come from all over that even I personally wouldn't want to look at much less park next to. There are a lot of transient people that pass through the area at times and sometimes the situation is worse than usual. Many people who travel in transient mode have little more than the basics even though many times an old motorhome or yes even a bus conversion might be what they have and all they can afford.

There has been an old Silver 4106 GMC roaming around and appearing abandoned at times in parking lots all over the area. I have seen it being towed from a closed K-Mart parking lot. I have seen it parked at the back corner of a Sams Club and I have seen it in  towing yard storage lot. It was once a Nice looking rig, But faded from glory now. Still the guy that owns it has his good days and bad apparently and apparently lives in it full time. He is out there somewhere and still traveling between breakdowns.

So if all you have is an old bus and no place else and nothing better you run what you got.... That's my feeling...

If all you have is a 1972 Winnie and you want to stay at some glorified and rule-bound parking lot/Resort I would bet you probably couldn't afford the rates anyway. Or just wouldn't want to associate with snobby people paying exhorbitant fee's....

What did I say here.... I don't have a CLUE !.... My brain stopped processing somewhere in there.... Roll Eyes

Been a bad day in the looney bin again... A 25 hp air compressor at work self destructed at about 1:30 today and blew the whole
end off the pump section and parts flew out the door...What a Mess... It lost an internal governor weight and vibrated so much that the bolts unscrewed themselves out of the cover and 150 psi air just exploded out the opening spraying parts, oil and who knows what else everywhere....
Just not my lifetime it seems....

busboy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2006, 06:13:48 PM »

We have been travelling for over 2 months and we have seen all kinds of campgrounds...and rigs.  We used to be campground owners and I say that they all pay the same.  The only thing we did not allow was monthly tent campers....we had a few when we got started and they all ended up being bad news.  We are Passport members and we have not found many Passport parks that were any cheaper than the other parks in the area...we have 4 kids and by the time the Passport park adds 2-3bucks for the kids and 3 bucks per night for 50 amp and one park in Rawlins where we are staying won't give Passport folks a full hookup sight, you have to stay in a water/electric site.  We have also run into a lot of parks that have poor electric, bad grounds, bad neutrals, etc.  I stayed in an old rundown used-to-be KOA last night in Pinedale, WY that I had to fix the water faucet before I could use it.  There are a lot of campground owners that need to wake up to the real world and what people expect!  <RANT OFF>
Hey, maybe I need to go to one of those meeting too.
Happy Trails,
Brent
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2006, 07:17:57 PM »

Dr Dave,

Didn't you just put that compressor in back in feb...... I remember when I stopped at your place, you were just done batteling that beast into the building.

Man, That didn't last long.  Back to the drawling Board....Huh.

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2006, 07:21:19 PM »

Did not buy my bus or other motor homes to go to a place and be ten feet or less from the next guy, unless it was my group, then we would be three feet apart if need be. I have always liked the wide open spaces where I could do it my way.
Don't need to spend high dollars to put up with their cr----p.
As is always said
DO IT YOUR WAY
ED
MCI 7

You ain't gonna be staying in too many campgrounds Ed.   Wink
And BTW, I wasn't me (JR) that started this thread...it was jjrbus, who's someone else.  In 3 years of busing and over 30 years of a good bit of camping with all sorts of equipment, I've never been turned away from any campground.  All of my camping vehicles were nice looking, but several were definitely over the year requirement.  First time I saw that I figured they were gonna kick me out!  Nope. 
I'm happy...my panties aren't in a wad.   
jjrbus, if your conversion looks complete on the outside, and isn't garish, you shouldn't have any problem with entering any campground that has vacancies, and can handle a bus conversions weight and length...no vacancies is a problem in Florida. 
I definitely wouldn't get too exercised about anything that's posted on their websites.   As usual, when making reservations, don't use the word "bus"...this is not a good time for such.  Call it a "Mortorhome"..and if they quiery you...act like you have no idea what the H they are looking for...Motorhome...a 40' motorhome.   Roll Eyes
Cheers, JR  Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2006, 07:22:51 PM »

Well, I agree and disagree with about everything said here, ha ha.  

For me, saying "No Converted Busses", well, that would mean, um, no bus that's been converted.  I don't know how you could misunderstand that.  Pretty much describes my bus I seems.

Now, for those who would suggest that "they really don't mean" it, well, then don't say it.  A simple sign saying "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" would suffice.  The fact is, they don't want any units that don't conform to their concept of a desirable looking coach.  Looks to me like they could just raise their rates to the point to where "low end" coach owners wouldn't want to spend the money to stay there.  

I guess it just bothers me a little because years ago, when our children were young, we couldn't afford a nice RV, so we had an old travel trailer, an old motorhome, and an old boat.. . . and we had a BLAST. Grin  We couldn't afford new units, but we always made it a point to clean up every scrap of trash before we left, and sometimes cleaned up our campsite when we arrived.  My boys were polite and well behaved . . .( enough that we always had people come up to us in restaurants to compliment their behavior), so I assure you, even if we didn't look it, our behavior was "high class".   Cool

People always use transients as an excuse to make rules, but I just don't see a transient paying the fees that these parks charge.  I think they put a lot of effort into making their park look "pretty" and they think old rigs detract from the beauty.  Everyone has the right to run their business they way they choose, but I just wish they could be more honest in their reasoning. . . . if they think they are right, then stand up by golly and say, "we think your rig is not attractive enough for our park".  In fact, they could actually ask you to submit pictures BEFORE they take your reservation.  Wink . .that way, you don't waste your time driving there to start with.  If they are not going to enforce the ban, then get rid of it, because, well, some people find it a bit offensive.  Sure, when the BigBus is done, we hope it will be a beautiful rig, but we're going to be the same ugly old people inside it anyway.  Wink  

Man, we've been inside some houses of very rich people that lived like pigs. . .I mean, SLOBS!  Nice address, fancy outisde. . . OMG SLOBS!  Dog crap all over the granite floor slobs!  Shocked Hummer in the driveway, moldy dishes of food on the counter!  I'm not exaggerating! Sad

Now, on the bright side, I got a very long and nice letter from Passport America, and it could be the same nice long letter they send to everyone for all I know, Wink but it went into great detail on the fact that they do not attempt to control the campground members in their system, even if they think some of those rules can be self-defeating and even offensive to some RVers.  I understand their position and do not hold them responsible for the attitude of Sun resorts and others of their ilk.  

Gosh, I hope I don't ever get to the point where I seriously judge people based on the "quality" of their RV. . .man, I sure hope not! Undecided  I don't know, but sometimes I just go with my gut feeling, and my gut tells me it's not a good thing.  Oh well, to each his own, and I see everyone's point, this is just mine. . . worth as much as it cost you.. . nothing! Wink  Christy Hicks

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: