Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 01:52:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which 24 volt inverter has good transfer switch?  (Read 2466 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 05:19:09 PM »

It has been a while since I looked into it, i admit.  Outback "was" the best item out there, had the most features, was rated at the highest overload sustaining time(I though it was a joke or misprint) Features out the kazoo, warranty that wouldn't quit and a rep for honoring it but there weren't very many failures.  The only flaw was the price!  HOLY CRAP!  That is what held me back and that alone.  I really like high performance but I couldn't afford to go that fast.  A "heat exchanging case" so the dirty air never came in contact with the tronics at all.  Star Wars!

I doubt they "break"in RV applications but I have no current data to support me.  Some on this board installed the twin 24 volt inverters that make phase controlled 2 phase 220/240(?).  Who else does that?  They had a ton invested and I wish they would speak up if they are still here.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 08:55:57 PM »

The guy I talked to is in Tennesee and he has installed inverters in a lot of entertainer coaches.  He says he has had more failures with Outback than with Magnum in entertainer coaches and therefore recommends Magnum for bus conversions.

I really like the non-vented Outback units, but anything more than 2500 watts with 24 volt input requires a vented model.  Outback is about the same price as the Magnum MS4024 if you lookat the vented 3500 watt model.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 09:17:54 PM »

For what it's worth-Dick Wright with Wrico International offers and suggests the Magnum pure sine wave inverter.  Since I have just 12v, I'm restricted to the 2800 watt-but it also has twin 30amp pass through.  You might want to upgrade to a pure sine wave also.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 04:52:09 AM »

For what it's worth-Dick Wright with Wrico International offers and suggests the Magnum pure sine wave inverter.  Since I have just 12v, I'm restricted to the 2800 watt-but it also has twin 30amp pass through.  You might want to upgrade to a pure sine wave also.  Good Luck, TomC

I already have pure sine wave with my Prosine 3.0.  The Magnum MS4024 will be my choice if I can't get this one working.

I took my Prosine 3.0 inverter apart last night and can't see anything obviously wrong with it like I put it together wrong.  My friend who has some electronics expertise will be over Thursday night to look at it again.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 10:03:14 AM »

Just to put my 10 cents into it...

My Outback FX2024 has been great.  I have had no issues with it.  It does not break, does exactly what is stated on the fact sheets and just plain works.  I would purchase one again.  My FX2024 is an early model in the FX2024 line and if the quality is this good in one of the original ones manufactured, then the remaining ones most likely have good quality as well. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: