Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 12:04:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dish network service without physical address...  (Read 2714 times)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 11:41:55 AM »

Just read in the trades that Ruport Murdoch(Directv) is reportedly going to try and buy Dish(again) and combine the two.

Of course there are lots of FCC hurdles.

Maybe you will end up with the best of both worlds and a price reduction, NOT. Undecided

Have Fun.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 02:26:15 PM »

I WILL??
Ok, I will , but I may need some help from a few others.
                                                                                Jack
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 02:30:47 PM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2006, 05:15:36 PM »

Help is on the way! I'll bring a tripod and DirectTV dish, cheapo signal meter and beer. Cheesy
Jack, you got lots of experience with these things. I'm a newbie with satellite dishes...however, I've set up three of them now and have had no problems finding the correct satellite. If I were to have a problem, it would be in front of a group as I tried to explain how the things set up....and then have to explain why it ain't working! Bummer!
I'll be happy to assist you in any way.
Some of the later satellite dishes add another level of adjustment...."twist" or "tilt" to the setup proceedure. Glad I'm not trying to figure that out!
Got into a discussion with the DirectTV installer...I wanted the dish in mounted on the bottom of the front deck behind a bush. He sez it wouldn't work in that location. So the guy sets it in concrete out near the horse fence 70' from the house and ran wires across the yard. I told him to leave the wire on top of the ground just in case this thing didn't work out. Well, it worked fine and I decided to try to move the antenna to where I wanted it to start with. I had the roof mount arm from the dish that I use for a portable in the bus...so I clamped the mount to the side of the deck and viola! Got sat TV with the dish pretty much hidden. Setting that dish up, installing a dish on my barn for a permenant bus and barn service, and playing with the portable bus dish, is the sum total of my experience. The more complicated option is the Wingard on top of the bus. That looks like a PITA to setup due to the fact that I don't have the digital elevation gizmo. It wasn't even available with I bought the rooftop antenna. Used the bus for two years without sat TV and really don't need it now. Always had decent batwing reception. But...the concept is soooo cool! I'll enjoy playing with it.

Looking forward to Timmonsville! JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 04:39:35 AM »

JR,
As you said, I can usually find the satelitte in very short order, UNLESS I am doing it in front of a group of people! LOL. I was told by one installer that the reason you can't get a signal through heavy foliage is the the moisture in the leaves blocks the signal (simlar to the moisture in a heavy rain). Don't know if that is true, just what he said. i was also told by several coach owners that have the older KingDomes on ther coaches that a heavy condensation will block the signal until the sun dries it up. I know one person who's wife made him climb up on the roof and wipe the dome in the morning so she could watch her programs.

Dallas,
   Is there an "open" sky to the southwest in most of the campground?   
                                                                                                      Jack
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 04:41:35 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Dallas

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2006, 06:34:54 AM »

<<snip>>

Dallas,
   Is there an "open" sky to the southwest in most of the campground?   
                                                                                                      Jack

Jack,
Oh, Yeah! LOL

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: