Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 05:31:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are car drivers so stupid??  (Read 5153 times)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2009, 09:08:57 AM »

And then there's me -

I used to teach those transit bus drivers how to pull out in front of you!

"Look for the vehicle with "new car" plates on it and go!"

Grin

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
ilyafish

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 10:56:31 AM »

i also forgot to add a very important part....they all had a stop sign....that they all ran.

Own: 1981 MCI MC9 w/
Veggie Oil Conversion
Live:  Flemington, NJ

1 Corinthians 9:19-22
gyrocrasher

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 11:26:42 PM »

i also forgot to add a very important part....they all had a stop sign....that they all ran.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2009, 01:03:42 PM »

I wonder if this question has ever been the subject of a doctoral dissertation?   I can think of many reasons that endemic stupidity is so universal, but I will keep them to myself to preserve the tone of this discussion!   As was previously said, 50% of everything must be below-average.

Seriously though, I feel that driving a 40' bus, and having taken some flying lessons, has made me a better driver overall.   Flying teaches you that there are usually serious or fatal consequences to everything you do, and you had better think through everything before you start.   I now take nothing for granted, assume the worst, and am pleasantly surprised when stupidity does not happen.

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2009, 01:54:09 PM »

I heard that based on a recent survey....(take with a grain of salt)....  that the most of those surveyed thought Americans were much more rude today than in the past. I have to agree.

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: