Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 05:26:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Refrigerator amp draw.  (Read 19552 times)
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2009, 07:21:27 AM »

Can you fill me in as to which model, Duff?? Thanx.

Steve, Yup, I'm familiar, but that has never really stopped me before if it's something I want. My thoughts are that for the most part, a product should at least last it's warrenty. Most do, but I am also aware that some don't. Shame. Quality isn't job 1 anymore.

Thanx guys,
    Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
Don4107

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 10:00:59 PM »

Was in Sears the other day looking at some fridges for the home.  Lots of LGs and LGs wearing the Kenmore name tag.  Maybe you can find the model or something close there.

Good luck
Don 4107

Don 4107 Eastern Washington
1975 MCI 5B
1966 GM PD 4107 for sale
1968 GMC Carpenter
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 06:14:58 AM »

I went to Costco and bought their 14cu ft $380 fridge.  Works just fine in my coach.  6.75A full load.

Even better, the height is perfect to go under the luggage rack in my MCI 96A3, after taking out the vanity panel and speaker/light module. 
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 06:22:00 AM »

Chaz,

The titanium fridge is useful in it's space and layout. The vacation mode is probably the switch you are concerned about, but it seams to go out of that if the light comes one.  I guess you could take the bulb out or tape the door switch down so you can still use it in energy saver mode.

It has been my experience generally that the freezer being on the bottom or side uses a lot more energy than the freezer being on top.  Mainly because the cold for the fridge comes from the freezer and something has to force the cold air up.  Freezer losses are generally to the floor and not to the fridge.

I have a side by side and a bottom freezer type in my house and I'm sure that they are most of our power bill during the non A/C months.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 07:17:48 AM by NewbeeMC9 » Logged

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: