Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 05:40:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hot In Wyoming: Need Opinion  (Read 3066 times)
busboy

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 01:34:24 PM »

We took our bus into Stewart and Stevenson in Denver today...Craig their head bus guy seems really competent.  We then drove it over to Denver Radiator and talked to Tom and he really knows his stuff.  Today was just a look-see day...we are scheduled to go in to S&S on Tuesday for them to R&R the radiator and send it to Denver Radiator for a new core.  Tom at Denver radiator said that the current radiator is shot and is probably only about 50-60 percent efficient...the new radiator has the latest technology and will be 99percent efficient.  Denver Radiator said the radiator alone would be in the ballpark of $2300.   I can't wait...I'm tired of staring at the temp gauge all day...and pulling over.   Of course its been in the 90's here in Denver.
Happy Trails,
Brent
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 02:38:32 PM »

Brent, I'm sure the repair bill will be hard to swallow... but knowing that you should never again have a cooling system issue in your coach will be $ well spent. And much cheaper than a cracked head or something major from running too hot for too long.

Since you're fillin' & flushin' anyways, you should look into DD's Power Cool Plus... said to be a 600,000 mile coolant change when used in highway service (even if it's fractionally fewer miles in RV service, it's likely to outlive the coach and/or driver). http://www.detroitdiesel.com/partsandservice/parts/performanceparts.aspx

Whatever you do, be sure and follow DD's recommendations on coolant: http://www.detroitdiesel.com/Public/brochures/7SE298.pdf

Please keep us posted. I'm anxious to see how much of an improvement the radiator makes. I'm hoping a LOT.

Cheers,
Brian

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
ChuckMC8

1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 09:34:46 AM »

Brent, What kind of radiator is that which cost $2300?  Do you have an Eagle? Is the radiator a new type of technogoly diffferent from the traditional type? I'm also doing radiator research for my upcoming repower. Thanks, Chuck

Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)
busboy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2006, 07:24:52 PM »

Chuck,
Yep, we have an Eagle.  Tom at Denver radiator said that there is new fin-to-tube technology that allows them to put a higher density of fins per square inch than they used to, all the new cars/trucks that have smaller spaces for radiators drove the industry to do that.  It all comes down to water->tube->fin->air transfer.  I'm hoping this solves all the problems...but I might have to get a radiator for my Kubota generator.
Happy Trails,
Brent
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: