Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 17, 2014, 10:40:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Productive weekend  (Read 3393 times)
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« on: October 04, 2009, 07:32:32 PM »

Hi Guy's,

A friend of mine purchaced a 2002' Prevost H3-45 entertainer coach back in April and recently contacted me to inatall a

Webasto DBW2020 coolant heater because he will be attending a Green Bay game in December so he needs better heat

then what his 5 Penguins with heat strips have. So he arrives Saturday morning and we start installing the system. We finished

up Sunday afternoon and [of course] he wants more bling bling then he has now... Ok, he loves my neon awning lights and

wants me to install a set on his gierard awning. I tell him that I'm leaving on Tuesday for Va Beach for a week and I wouldn't have time.

He then tells me he will leave the coach with me for a couple weeks till he is ready to head to Talladega.  I said sure.. He then says

to my wife, why don't you guy's tahe my Prevo to VA Beach.. Well, thats all my wife had to hear... I guess my bus is now the old POS!

Now I have to suffer and take my family on vacation in a H3-45.... Cheesy   I'm sorry, it's just too rare of an offer to pass up!  Shocked

The coach was first built by Marathon Coach for Lenny Kravits and when he was done with it, Hemphill Coach out of Nashville, installed

a new interior in it then leased it to a Christian band for a year before my friend purchaced it. The coach has 10 flat screens, 2 Bose systems,

2 large slide outs, 5 Penguins on the roof,  1 queen state room with full bath, 6 bunks with 1/2 bath and 6 flat screens and stereo's,

3 refrigerators, 1 ice machine, 3 wet bars, washer/dryer, dishwasher, video phones, 5 outside camra's, and a very powerful outside

entertainment system with a 50" flat screen.

I feel very lucky to have such generious friends Grin
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 07:52:25 PM »

Some pics
Nick-

Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Chuck Newman

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 08:23:36 PM »

Well Nick, after this trip, it sounds to me like the days are numbered for the 102C3.  Buy why not!  Life is short.  Enjoy while you can.

Chuck

1989 MCI 102A3, Series 50, DDEC III, Allison 740D
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 09:33:52 PM »

Ooooooo Swanky! LOL! Grin

I guess we'll be losing a valuable board member/moderator to the "PROUD Club" Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 03:55:13 AM »

What did your friend pay for it?

John
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 06:20:47 AM »

When you're ready to give your 102 away, I'll take it!  Grin

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 06:49:30 AM »

If Hemphill Bros sold the bus I would make sure my towing insurance is good they are rode hard and put up wet.
I know a guy in BullHead that has a 2001 H-45 he bought from Hemphill and I would not touch one at any price they only sell when the unit starts to cost them money.BTW I have one of the brass plates with Hemphill on if he wants its

good luck
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:49:17 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 07:44:53 AM »

Nice. We looked at one very similair. The problem was that the h3 that we were looking at wasn't built like we wanted. That is why we ended up with this. I have thought that the h3 would have been better, not as much work. However, with ours we are building it the way that we need it to be.

Thanks for the pics, and the story. Have fun with the bus. Please post pics of your new coach.  Grin Or should I say your wife's new bus.  Grin

God bless,

John

Posted from my Itouch.

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 10:14:57 AM »

Nick,  Thanks for the pics and thread.   It's nice to see another H3-45..

One thing is 100% certain..   Death and taxes and Clifford jumping on every Prevost H3 thread and dogging it!!  Right Clifford..
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 11:52:58 AM »

Come on, Zero. Clifford was just pointing something out. We know what he is talking about with the H bros. We could have gotten one, but opted for the MCI. Easier mechanics, worse looks. It is all a trade off.

God bless.

John

Posted from my Itouch.

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 06:41:07 AM »

Thanks Guy's!

Hay, this Prevo cleans up pretty nice... It's a bear to wash! Shocked

We are headding out to VA Beach this morning. This should be intresting to say the least!

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 06:52:16 AM »

No need to to defend me John I have owned 2 of the H series I know what they are one I bought new.
 I am not bashing Prevost in general they are good buses but the ones Hemphill Bros sell off are a problem.
To me the XL is the better of the Prevost for driving H series are the pits in the wind
Most recalls of any bus on the market is the H series it seem to me like they had mine more than I did

good luck
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:05:09 AM by luvrbus » Logged

FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 07:01:58 AM »

Hey Nick,

Have fun on your trip!

I think it would be neat to "try" out another coach.

I don't think many of us have the chance to compare ours to another brand or model.

And to actually drive it and use it over a weekend will let you know how yours stacks up.

Safe travels,

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 06:32:19 PM »

Hi Cliff,

We just arrived in VA Beach and here is the report on the H3-45.

The Cape May/Lewes Ferry hight sign read 13.6 clearance. I scraped one corner of the front penguin and the cb antenna

clangged the whole way under. Embarrassed  In the Chesapeke Bay Bridge Tunnels, I drug the cb antenna the whole way.... Embarrassed

Power, there is no comparrison. The 60 series pulled away from stops with the H2 Hummer on the back like a car....

Handeling, it's pretty tight and travels straight as an arrow. [no cross wind today]

Visability, Left, Right, & Straight ahead only.. Lot's of blind spots compaired to my "C".

Air Ride drivers seat, that belongs in a dumpster! I felt like I was on a carnival ride.. on big bumps, your feet come off the peddles. Embarrassed

One more complaint... I miss my large side isle bathroom. This thing has the smallest baths ever.. I need a back-up beeper to get to the commode. Grin

All in All, I loved driving it! People seem to think I'm important. Cheesy The strangest folks look in and ask questions Undecided

Thas's all for now
Nick-

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 06:58:03 PM »

Nick, glad you are enjoying the ride that bus should have a Buoy System to lower it 4" when you  have a clearance problem I used mine in the wind made a difference.  good luck and be safe

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: