Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 05:37:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uncle Ned  (Read 4134 times)
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2009, 09:40:50 AM »

I copied this post from the one about BK's rally.  I did this to be certain everyone sees it.  According to an email I received from Ned's daughter they are allowing Wilma to stay with him in ICU. Please keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.

This posting is coming from "Uncle Ned's" kids.  After Ned and Wilma left the Busnut gathering they have been traveling around through TN.  They made it to Pickwick, TN Friday and Friday night/Saturday morning around midnight - "Uncle Ned" (Daddy) had a heart attack and was flown to Jackson-Madison County General Hospital in Jackson, TN.  Us kids left Lenoir, NC about 5am Saturday and went out to be with Mom and Dad - They did a heart cath yesterday (Sunday) late and found that he will have to have by-pass surgery.    We do not know when that is to be scheduled (told 2 to 3 days or possibly 3 to 5 days.)  When we last saw him - he was in Cardiac ICU.  We (kids) left to come home last night and arrived back home this morning about 5am.  Wilma and Huggy Bear are still with Ned at the hospital.  Just wanted to let everyone know what is going on.  I am not sure how this site works - so I am not sure if I will be able to get back on to make another post - so if you want more information, please email me at the following email address - info_scs@bellsouth.net or call 828-758-5820 and if we do not answer, just leave a voicemail message and we will return the call as soon as we can.

Thanks!

Uncle Ned's kids - Doug, Donna, Denika

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 10:29:21 AM »

Thanks for copying this out on its own.

We will keep Ned and his family in our prayers.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 11:45:39 AM »

What a bummer, Cat. Thanks for telling us. I had no idea. I will be praying for him and his family.

God bless.

John

Posted from my Itouch.

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 12:32:27 PM »

We will be praying for them also, hoping for a speedy recovery and guidance for doctors hands.

Paul and Becky

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 04:26:03 PM »

Ned & Wilma,
Our thoughts & prayers are with you & yours.
Take care of yourselves, & I hope to see y'all again real soon!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 05:20:54 PM »

I'm sure Ned will have the fastest surgery and Fastest recovery in history.   

Were pulling for y'all!!!

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 08:20:28 PM »

Cat, YES thank you!
I feel so bad hearing about this, and even worse that it happened so close to us! I wish I'd know sooner, so I could have seen if there was anything I could do to help out Wilma & the "kids" this weekend! I do plan to call them tomorrow and go down and see them ASAP! I'm like barely over an hour north of them! They are all in our prayers and hopefully he is going to be able to have visitors soon!

BK

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2009, 01:45:08 AM »

We are Praying for ya'll as well!
Sure going to miss him at the Non-Rally this weekend!
Jack-N-Dianne

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2009, 04:04:10 AM »

Ned, Wilma and the Kids,

You are all in our thoughts and prayers.

Ned,

Hurry up and get better,  I need you down here this Winter to show off all the projects I have been completeing and besides, your my favorite distiller  Wink

I even put in a 30A guest connection.  Tongue

I am SURE they will have you back up and running full speed in no time.

Get Well!

Cliff, Julie and the Kids

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
tomhamrick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 04:23:19 AM »

Ned, Wilma & kids,

Karen and I are remembering you in our prayers.

Tom & Karen Hamrick

Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC
trailblazer2
1999 Thomas Saftliner MVP

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2009, 06:36:20 AM »

Ned,& Family:
 We will be praying for Gods Will to done in this Matter as well. If there is any way we can assist,otherwise,Just give us a call!
Bill & Phyllis

"I will place no value on anything I have or may possess,except in it's relationship to the kingdom of Christ"
David Livingston
gm4106

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2009, 07:10:36 AM »

Ned,Wilma and Kids
We will keep Ned and all of you in our thoughts and prayers.

GM PD4106-1689 8V71TA  V730
Mount Holly,NC
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 07:13:32 AM »

Update from Ned's family:

Thanks for the email.  Here is the latest.

Ned (Daddy) was moved out into a regular room yesterday - Room 225.  We have a friend that leaves in Memphis and he was able to visit with them yesterday.  Mom called this morning and Daddy surgery is scheduled for Wednesday morning.  After the visit yesterday - he will be having a triple by-pass.  We are in the process of getting our schedules arrange so that we will be able to get out there as soon as we can.

You can google the hospital and on their website there is a link that you can send e-cards and the volunteers will deliver them to his room.

We were not able to find internet access in the family waiting rooms but we will do our best to keep you posted tomorrow.

Thanks for your help in getting this posted for everyone to see.  Tell everyone that we appreciate the prayers!

John316

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2009, 11:03:16 AM »

Thanks for the update, Cat. That is too bad triple bypass, that is rough.

God bless.

John

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2009, 11:44:47 AM »

I spoke with Denika this AM Ned is doing OK & yes is scheduled for surgery tomorrow!
She said they (the kids) have rearranged schedules to travel back to Jackson for this.
I gave her my cell & toll free # and told her we are right at an hour away and to call if ANYTHING is needed! We will be checking in on him/them this evening!
BK

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 04:05:13 PM »

Holy Moley! I don't read the Board for a couple of days and one of my best friends has a heart attack.
Wilma and family, Ned is at the top of our prayer list along with all of you.

We're terribly far away to do anything but offer support. Somehow I can't help but feel that the Good Lord isn't ready for Ned yet....he has more work to do.

We will watch closely for any reports and our hearts are with you.

Jackie & Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
mc8 tin tent

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2009, 08:00:41 PM »

CAT, Thank you
 For letting us all know about Ned.
 Our prayers are with him and all of you.
 Be safe and know we are here to help if needed.
 Please keep us posted on Uncle Ned's condition and if you need anything.
 May God Keep You Safe
  Dwayne & Peggy
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 10:00:26 PM »

OK folks I thought everybody would be happy to know I took "Grampa Cody" down to Jackson and we went and saw Wilma & Ned.
They were sitting watching TV and doing fine.

Ned sure perked up to hear all the msgs I had for him, and both were thankful to ALL Y'ALL!

He goes in fer triple bypass @ 6:00AM and will be sitting on the edge of the bed barking orders by night fall! Grin

Seriously the Dr. told them he is in excellent health other than the blockages and that he'll come thru this fine. (and Wilma did really tell me that the Dr. said he expects Ned to be able to sit on the edge of the bed by himself by night time after the surgery!)

We took them a great big crock pot of home made veggie soup for the family tomorrow, and Wilma & I went and put it in a pot in the fridge of "Huggy"!(since she wouldn't dream of hanging on to our crock pot!) Ain't no tell'n what kinda mischief Cody & Ned got into while we was gone.

Wilma promised to call & update us tomorrow evening after the dust settles and Ned has time to recover some. (I told her "I'll Be Back" if she didn't!)

Again they said to thank ALL Y'ALL fer the thoughts, prayers & msgs!

I will post more when I know more! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 10:54:17 AM »

Just got an update report on Uncle Ned from Wilma!

He is fine he came out of surgery around 11:30 and did just fine. His Dr said all went well and he now has 3 new hwys/bypassages around the congested areas! He should be good to go for a long time now! (my words not Wilma or the Dr.s!)

Will check in on him later and provide updates as available!
Grin  BK  Grin

By the way he is in Jackson-Madison County General Hospital in Jackson, TN (last night he was in rm A225) I believe he'll be back in the same room after recovery!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

cody

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 12:53:48 PM »

BK, what mischief could I possibly get into while me and Ned were discussing world events and other topics, as a couple of deep thinkers we tend to lean towards the scholastic side of discussions like how we're going to smuggle in a pizza. It was good to see Ned in good spirits tho.
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 04:09:13 PM »

Cody, Your post might fly with the members who don't know you (exception made for your comments about our mutual friend, Ned) but where in the Sam Hill are you? If you and Alice are anywhere near Ned...please tell him we're pulling for him and wish to see both he and Wilma (and Sam) in our future.

I truly don't believe that you could make Ned a convert to your philosophy...but then you have every right to believe in Obama.

When someone wrote, I have no idea, wrote "May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You" there is no doubt in my mind that he had folks like Wilma and Ned in mind.

NCbob

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 04:57:28 PM »

Latest update from Neds daughter:

Mom just called me and Dad(Uncle Ned) is out of surgery and doing fine. They did do a triple bypass. Mom has gotten to see him twice and said that the last time he was off the vent. and asking for a t-bone.  She said his color is much better than before the surgery. We will check in as often as we can and thank you for all the prayers, I know they helped.

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2009, 07:11:22 PM »

Cody, Your post might fly with the members who don't know you (exception made for your comments about our mutual friend, Ned) but where in the Sam Hill are you? If you and Alice are anywhere near Ned...please tell him we're pulling for him and wish to see both he and Wilma (and Sam) in our future.

I truly don't believe that you could make Ned a convert to your philosophy...but then you have every right to believe in Obama.

When someone wrote, I have no idea, wrote "May the Good Lord Bless and Keep You" there is no doubt in my mind that he had folks like Wilma and Ned in mind.

NCbob

Bob,
Cody and Alice are only about an hour & an a half north of Ned & Wilma.
Cody & I went down and saw them last night!
Ned was in good spirits, and yes Cody tried to corrupt him!

One other thing that has me confused, Cody has told me that you are a devine and devoted democrat and especially fond of Mr. Obama. I don't understand yer comment about him at all if you supported him in his election as Cody says you did! Wow that wa$ $ome contribution $ you $ent him!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2009, 07:15:35 PM »

I spoke with Wilma this evening again and Ned is doing fine! The Dr is well impressed with his condition and progress!
She said that when they saw him he looked great and was in good spirits.
One thing though was that the Dr. didn't want them to let him talk much. Those of you who know "Uncle Ned" know how hard is must be on him not to be able to talk!
(almost as hard as Cody staying out of trouble! Grin !)
Grin  BK  Grin

Will let ya know more tomorrow!

www.kylakesidetravel.net

NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 06:25:44 AM »

He'll be quiet if Wilma tells him too! Grin

Glad to here he is doing ok,  I didn't think a little thing like heart surgery would keep Ned down.

We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »

Jackie uses a chin strap to keep her yap shut at night when she's unsing her C-pap machine. I'm sure she has an extra I could send to Wilma for Ned! Grin

Knowing how Ned is I'd imagine that if he had his bike with him he'd want to ride the "Dragon" on the way home.

Bob

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2009, 12:33:49 PM »

Just received an email from Ned's daughter again with an update. 

I just got to see Ned (Daddy).  He is sitting in his chair waiting to be moved into a regular room.  He looks good, but is ready to go!  We are not sure at the moment when he will get to come home.  I will keep you posted.

Denika

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 03:06:31 PM »

Just spoke with Ned & Wilma both! He is in good spirits, and sounds good!
Wilma said he is looking good and still surprising the Dr at how fast he's recovering compared to other patients.
He said he was surprised that Bob took time away from eating to "talk" to us! (LOL! Grin something about calling Bob during the rally and being told "I ain't got time to talk to them. I'm eat'n! Grin)
When I told him lots of members here were praying, and asking about him.
He said "they is a bunch o' good people there on the board, includ'n you" (I told him not to tell anyone, it'll ruin my reputation!)
(He also asked "who was bet'n 4, & against him and what was the odds?")  now who woulda set up a pool like that? Hmmmm......... Cody, what you and Frank been up too?

By the way he's been moved to room 232!  That's all I have fer now!
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 04:03:09 PM »

From family experience, a bypass is like a serious tuneup and carb rebuild on an engine. It was runnin OK before, but clean out the pipes, new air filter, points, and spark plugs and it's a whole new beast!  good luck and all the best.  Nice to see the family in action!

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
John316

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 06:23:14 PM »

Bk.

Would you do me a favor? Please tell Ned that I can hear Huggy crying (even from this big distance).  Huggy is crying because Huggy is missing his dad! Also please tell him that he is missed, and I am praying for him.

Btw what is all of this talk about Cody causing trouble? I don't believe it! I assume that we are talking about St. Cody right? Grin

Thanks for the updates. I look forward to seeing the updates.

God bless.

John

Posted from my Itouch.

cody

« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2009, 06:26:33 PM »

wow, st cody, I kinda like that and it's so fitting lol.
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2009, 06:56:22 PM »

Ah yeah, St. Cody uh huh! The one with the tarnished HALO! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2009, 07:22:43 PM »

Ahh come on BK, I don't believe that.  St Cody's halo is so bright I can see the gleam clear over here.  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: