Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 10:10:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another one down! Jack is ailing now!  (Read 4642 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2009, 10:04:09 PM »

Quote from: JackConrad
Yes, I kayaked Saturday, participating to the NC "Clean Sweep" river clean up program. I think that was what started the problem. A lot of reaching to the side picking up trash from the river bank. Then I paddled a couple miles of class 1 rapids on Sunday as this was going to be my last chance to paddle some NC rapids before heading to SC.  Jack

Jack that's funny you mention that! I forget the name of the river, but Ned said he bet you were up near Mayodan, NC enjoying "..........." river! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 05:33:00 AM by Busted Knuckle » Logged

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 04:55:48 AM »

Jack that's funny you mention that! I forget the name of the river, but Ned said he but you were up near Mayodan, NC enjoying "..........." river! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

That would be the Dan River.  It has a beautiful section near Hanging Rock State Park.

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2009, 05:34:26 AM »

Jack that's funny you mention that! I forget the name of the river, but Ned said he bet you were up near Mayodan, NC enjoying "..........." river! LOL! Grin  BK  Grin

That would be the Dan River.  It has a beautiful section near Hanging Rock State Park.

That would be the one he said! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
|@n

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 07:51:48 AM »

Hi Jack,

Bet you haven't had that much exercise since you lifted your last stretcher into the back of an ambulance   Smiley

Rest well. And quit doing young people stuff like you're still a young people!!   Cheesy

All the best friend. We're praying for your quickest recovery.

Ian
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 09:16:32 AM by |@n » Logged
LUKE at US COACH

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »

Hi Jack & Folks:

No Jack, don't give up the younger folks stuff, because the alternative is to sit around and get old.

Then all you will have to talk about is ILLS, BILLS and PILLS.

Happy & SAFE!! Bussin' to ALL.

LUKE at US COACH
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 12:17:09 PM »

Wishing you a speedy recovery, give them muscles a rest and then have fun enjoying life to teh fullest!

Grant

Have Fun!!
Grant
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 01:49:19 PM »

No Jack, don't give up the younger folks stuff, because the alternative is to sit around and get old.

Amen Luke.  Its time to promote the Welsh poets.

http://www.poets.org/viewmedia.php/prmMID/15377

Keep on raging Jack.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2009, 09:14:12 AM »

Jack,

I just had a chance to look at this thread again. Makes sense about the kayaking. Be more careful next time, but don't give up the young people stuff. Maybe break into it a little slower, but don't quit. 

So how are you feeling now?

God bless.

John

Posted from my Itouch.

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2009, 05:43:28 PM »

Sorry to hear about your back, Jack. ..( hmmm, I made a funny).  On the other hand, back pain is noooooo funny.

Larry has tons of sympathy for you, as he was down twice, count 'em TWICE this summer, in his back.  It really was the pitts.  The nd time was right before an unexpected trip to NY, and afer a day or two there, we thought we might just have to pack up and go home.  As it is, a little Chinese acupunturist in Chinatown fixed him right up, yee haw.  He's still watching it pretty closely, but he is definitely on the mend. . .hoping you are too!  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2009, 08:27:00 PM »

I have those muscle spasms also.  They are the worst.....bar none.  Except the time I poured gasoline in my ear and that is whole other story.

The only guy that could "fix" those spasms was an Osteopath named Sol Lizerbram in San Diego.  He used a device called the "Diothermy" and it deep heated somehow like a microwave oven.  10 minutes and I was OK.  I went in there creeping my fingers along the wall and grunting LOUDLY.  Took a half hour to get in from my car and that was 30 feet and a hallway.  Put up with them for 15 years till I stumbled on to Sol recommended by a Navy Corpsman that saw my problem coming on an airplane flight.  The Diothermy is no longer in use as it was the source of malpractice suits for millions of dollars.  Sol said that it could do severe damage if not used properly cause it heated from the inside out and there was no heat sensation on the inside.  Now the moral of this story is that HEAT works like magic.  And I mean lots of hot heat.  A hot Jaquezzie is a really good start.  Good luck with this.  I never took the pain meds but I ate those musc relaxers for a couple days after the first visit to Sol as insurance.  Was ok to drive so I guess they were not too strong.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 06:02:23 AM »

Just an update. After taking it easy all weekend at Kyle's non-rally, my back is feeling better.  I have just about quit taking the pain pills all together and pain is only a dull ache if I stand too long. At least no more sparms.  We are prersently visiting with Gary & Linda LaBombard in Greenville for a day or 2 before heading to John & Lois's place near Augusta for more resting.  Thanks to all for their prayers and wishes.  Jack

JohnVickrey

1960 PD 4104-4541

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 07:26:26 AM »

Hey Buddy!!  You know what it's like when you visit the Vickrey Ponderosa.  We have a roof to put on, and I've checked out the local creeks so you can go kayyaking.   Grin

John Vickrey   -   Dearing, GA
About 2 hours East of ATL on I-20 and 4 miles south of I-20.
Got Electricity and Water for 4-5 coaches.  Less that a mile to a
dumpstation.  Stop by and sit a spell.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 10:01:11 AM »

Jack,

Glad to hear your doing better.

Look forward to seeing you both in the near future.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
JackConrad
Global Moderator

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2009, 03:55:40 PM »

Jack,
Glad to hear your doing better.
Look forward to seeing you both in the near future.
Cliff

Cliff,
    When we get to your neck of the woods, we have a bicycle rack for ya'll frrom Jack Hart.   Jack

4104GA

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2009, 07:09:21 PM »

Hey Jack     Glad to hear you are doing better. Hope to see you all soon

Enjoy your ride
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: