Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 06:58:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pressure regulator info needed  (Read 781 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2009, 09:26:55 AM »

After changing 2 air tanks and putting on spring brakes I have found the last leak...(as if).  It is in the pressure regulator.  I saw Dallas's fix using a sheet of silicone but unfortunately the PO assembled this with one piece missing.  I attached a snap of the reg and the missing bit is 4: spring seat.  Tried fabbing one up but no luck yet.  I'm thinking this is bone stock stuff but after having to re plumb for a rear tank that was not the same size  I do not want to plumb in a replacement unless I have to.  Maybe I'll pull apart a reg from a transit and see what I can find.  Other option is someone drops one in the mail for me......All input as always appreciated.

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 09:47:02 AM »

These days it is called a "protection valve".  Pretty stock stuff in any truck parts place. I think you are looking for a Bendix PR-2
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:59:38 AM by Len Silva » Logged

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:49:30 AM »

Yeah, I figured, it's just tight in there and putting something else in will not be fun.

gmbusguy1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:31:42 PM »

Zub, you probably will not find a Diaphragm with the seats new or NOS. I do have a limited number of New old stock rubber Diaphragm's but have never been able to locate the seats.
the only fix I could come up with is to use 2 fender washers in place of the seats it works fine

Chris
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 05:52:25 PM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:55:46 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: