Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 07:43:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pressure regulator info needed  (Read 809 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« on: October 06, 2009, 09:26:55 AM »

After changing 2 air tanks and putting on spring brakes I have found the last leak...(as if).  It is in the pressure regulator.  I saw Dallas's fix using a sheet of silicone but unfortunately the PO assembled this with one piece missing.  I attached a snap of the reg and the missing bit is 4: spring seat.  Tried fabbing one up but no luck yet.  I'm thinking this is bone stock stuff but after having to re plumb for a rear tank that was not the same size  I do not want to plumb in a replacement unless I have to.  Maybe I'll pull apart a reg from a transit and see what I can find.  Other option is someone drops one in the mail for me......All input as always appreciated.

Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 09:47:02 AM »

These days it is called a "protection valve".  Pretty stock stuff in any truck parts place. I think you are looking for a Bendix PR-2
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 09:59:38 AM by Len Silva » Logged

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 09:49:30 AM »

Yeah, I figured, it's just tight in there and putting something else in will not be fun.

gmbusguy1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:31:42 PM »

Zub, you probably will not find a Diaphragm with the seats new or NOS. I do have a limited number of New old stock rubber Diaphragm's but have never been able to locate the seats.
the only fix I could come up with is to use 2 fender washers in place of the seats it works fine

Chris
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2009, 05:52:25 PM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:55:46 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: