Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 22, 2014, 08:44:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tranny trouble Mc8 Allison 740  (Read 990 times)
revbusnut

Ignore
« on: July 19, 2006, 02:25:58 PM »

After sitting for 6 or 8 weeks our bus was ready for its maiden camping voyage.  Needed an inspection and noticed the tranny pulsing and stuttering between shifts 2-3 and 3-4 and continued stuttering at 60 on the way to town.  Is this normal. Does it just need fluid change and filters.  Please tell me I don't need rebuild.  She is a MC 8 1978 model. Ran like a top before.  We went on our trip only 100 miles round trip but still had this problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,  Revbusnut
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 06:23:21 PM »

Greetings Revbusnut,

Welcome to the board!

Any luck with diagnosing this?  Where are you located?  Fluid level OK?  Busnuts, any thoughts for Revbusnut?

Let us know!

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 09:00:02 PM »

I seem to remember being told that some MC8s had a shift module mounted on the side of the transmission.  Could your problem be with this, or maybe a vacuum line?  I'm sure one of you can correct me, or add to this...FWIW
Dennis   

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: