Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
May 27, 2018, 10:34:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Onan 6.5 commercial remote start  (Read 853 times)
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2009, 04:59:00 PM »

My Onan has a plug for a remote start and I have a remote panel minus the harness but don't know the wiring to the plug and can't seem to find a diagram, does anyone happen to know? I have the manuals etc but can't really see it clearly in there either, maybe I'm dense.

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »

I have one for the 7.5.  I was going to buy the harness, but they wanted $20 just to order it. I cut the end off and wired in a 7 prong trailer connector for less than half that.

Send me your model number. Maybe I can find you a diagram. I found a trick on the Onan website that got me mine for free. They don't normally make it available to their customers
as it forces them to pay excessive fees to their distributors for installation.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: