Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 09:22:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cooler Coolant  (Read 915 times)
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« on: July 19, 2006, 11:00:56 PM »

I have read several post on runnin' hot. I am so blessed with my coach. I have a MCI C-3 and acording to the final vehichle record it came with 8V92T. 740 auto. I would assume it has largest radiators. However when I bought the bus it had been changed to 6V92T. On a normal hot day 85-90 it runs 175 degrees in  95+ it will run 180 all day at 70-75-mph.Came up Black Mountain,NC 6% grade 6 miles  92 outside at 180 degrees.  All that to say this....It has the red long life coolant the previous owner used and he told me it made his coaches run cooler. Another lesson I learned NEVER run more than 50/50 mix. More anti freeze is not better. I decided to change on my last bus and I just drained and put in 2 cases new (12 gal) ran 10 degrees hotter the next summer and I couldn't figure why. I busted a hose and lost coolant on a trip. Replaced hose filled with plain water drove home 10 degrees. cooler. Put in 50/50 stayed 10de.cooler. I'd like to know if any body else runs the new red color long life coolant.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 04:56:23 AM »

What brand of red long life coolant are you using?

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 07:39:40 AM »

Gumpy, I don't know it was in the bus when I bought. It is not Zerex like the old red. This is the stuff they put in the new cars. I am going to check my supplier. I need to keep a gal on hand if I need to add al bit to mine.
Frank @ TX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 10:52:43 AM »

I have a new Jeep and the coolant is red.
The manual calls it NOAT.  And it's not to be mixed with other collant types.
I haven't yet bought a gallon to take with us, so I don't know the cost.

Frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: