Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 10:16:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another day, Another day!  (Read 2958 times)
Ace

« on: July 20, 2006, 04:50:53 AM »

Ok were up, bright eyed, bushy tailed, and ready for anything! Hmm you see where I'm at again? Typing on this stupid laptop watching the cardinals, bluejays and squirrells fight over who gets the food I put out for them in the back yard, as the sun peeks out of the eastern sky with his smiling face as to say, "get ready pardner, cause here come and I'm hotter than hell"!  Oh I can't wait until he's right overhead. Maybe I'm closer to going to hell than I thought! Sure feels like it!

Oh well, I Checked in at work and still nothing to do. Nada! When I checked in yesterday, they (all the salespeople and the tight wad owner) were watching a movie. NOT a teaching movie or anything , but a real movie!Today they will watch part two. Must be they are either very very slow or very very rich!

Ah, the life of living in this overpriced gas, underpaid, hell hole they call Florida! What the hell was I thinking when I moved here from up north? Oh yea, no more snow. Tha's what it was! I guess it just doesn't get any better than this!

Ae

Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 05:32:44 AM »

Working and Living is Florida is a Tropical Depression....

I quit my job yesterday and don't really care.... 10 years of aggravation just flushed down the toilet....
Guess the septic tank will overflow now....

Guess I will go dig a hole and park my bus in it for something to do....
 Grin

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 05:50:02 AM »

Ace,

Man, If I had a day off in the summertime I could think of at least a 20 things I would do. I don't care how hot it was....I think?

It's just that for the past 14 years I havn't been able to enjoy a day off in the summer time. But, I sure can do alot of thumb twiddeling

in the winter time. Ace, Find another Pooch. That will help ya!

Good luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 05:57:00 AM »

Doesn't matter where you live.  At some point will be asking your self, "Why the hell did I ever move here?"  If there is a perfect place to live on this planet, I haven't found it.  I've lived in NC, CA, MI, MA, ME, NH an FL.  A few of those were milirary stints.  Going to give TN a shot this time.  Why?  Because I haven't lived there before and it looks like a nice place to live.  Economically speaking, it may not be any better, but if I'm going to be unnemployed, I'd rather be unemployed with the cost of living in TN.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 06:19:52 AM »

OK Guys,

I'm in Florida too and its a really beautiful day outside.

(The following advice is worth what was paid for it)

Yeah, it will get really hot later, but lets get out while its still nice.

Notice how all the animals only come out early and late in the day, whats wrong with our thinking? Grin

At least from my point of view everyday is a gift, make the most of it.

There have probably been many days you wished you had a day too just do nothing, your wish has come true Wink

Whats the old saying"When given lemons, make lemonade"

All kidding/preaching aside it sounds like you two have had more than your fair share of rough days lately, hang in there and try to

focus on the positive side of the situations youv'e been dealt.

My favorite thing to do when I am bummed out is straighten up the barn/shop, I may not feel better, but my shop is back in order Grin

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 07:54:46 AM »

Cry me a RIVER...  Cry

I'm stuck in Baltimore, MD.  Not too bad some days, but I'm a country boy.  I need to feel grass between my toes, not this fake crap either...  Oh, they say they are southern here, but I DOUBT IT!  Rudeness is a way of life.  People at stores and restaurants act like you're bothering them by shopping in their crappy business.  A darn waitress told me the other night, actually told me this..."I'll bring you a pitcher because I'm not gonna be running back and forth all night to keep your glass full" (this after I asked for my first re-fill of sweet tea).  She's lucky my wife was with me, or I might've snatched her jaw off her face...the food wasn't even that great either.  She did not get a tip...

I swear...If the Good Lord ever lets me get back home to Mississippi, I may never leave her again, not even for vacation!

Like Hank Jr. said, "I'm just stuck up here and I got Dixie on my mind". 

BTW: No offense to any Yankees on the board.  Ya'll are all good people.  Besides one of my co-workers pointed out that some people up here call Mississippi the armpit of America.  I replied, "well that makes Baltimore the a**hole!"

I'm sorry, didn't mean to go all Confederate on ya'll, but man, apparently I had a lot more pent up frustration than I thought!  OK, OK, calm down, think sweet thoughts...OK, I'm better now...

"Homesick Blues" Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 07:58:08 AM »

That's an old saying by Eleanor Roosevelt:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift.  That's why they call it the present."

Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 08:25:50 AM »

Florida seems to be getting more and more of these rude people, must be all those Yankees re-locating to Florida. Just kiddin', there are really nice people and rude people everywhere.  Remember, if it was not for the A$$holes, we would not appreciate how nice everyone else is. 
    As for weather, Yeah, it gets hot in Florida, but we do not have to scoop the rain off the driveway or worry about the ice bringing down the power poles and lines.  As was already mentioned no place is perfect. You pick which negatives you can put up with to enjoy the positives.  Jack
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 08:29:22 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Dallas

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 08:51:35 AM »

Cry me a RIVER...  Cry

I'm stuck in Baltimore, MD.  Not too bad some days, but I'm a country boy.  I need to feel grass between my toes, not this fake crap either...  Oh, they say they are southern here, but I DOUBT IT!  Rudeness is a way of life.  People at stores and restaurants act like you're bothering them by shopping in their crappy business.  A darn waitress told me the other night, actually told me this..."I'll bring you a pitcher because I'm not gonna be running back and forth all night to keep your glass full" (this after I asked for my first re-fill of sweet tea).  She's lucky my wife was with me, or I might've snatched her jaw off her face...the food wasn't even that great either.  She did not get a tip...

I swear...If the Good Lord ever lets me get back home to Mississippi, I may never leave her again, not even for vacation!

Like Hank Jr. said, "I'm just stuck up here and I got Dixie on my mind". 

BTW: No offense to any Yankees on the board.  Ya'll are all good people.  Besides one of my co-workers pointed out that some people up here call Mississippi the armpit of America.  I replied, "well that makes Baltimore the a**hole!"

I'm sorry, didn't mean to go all Confederate on ya'll, but man, apparently I had a lot more pent up frustration than I thought!  OK, OK, calm down, think sweet thoughts...OK, I'm better now...

"Homesick Blues" Jimmy

No offense taken!

I too am so homesick that I feel as if I don't get a good whiff of sage brush, I'll die.

I'm a yankee, born and raised in the pacific northwest and am stuck here in beautiful South Carolina. I'd give my prostate to be home again and see my mountains, deserts and ocean.
Don't get me wrong, I love being wherever I am as long as my long suffering wife is by my side, but I feel like I've lost some of what makes me, ME.
To make it even worse, I can't ever look forward to going back home again since it is hard for Cat to deal with being far away from family.

As for rude and obnoxious sales people, they aren't limited to large cities in the east, they are right here in downtown Timmonsville, SC.
For Instance:
We wanted to help bring some business into the local cafe next to our campground and talked to the lady that owns the place.
After the fiasco with the last rally, (dirty tables, running out of food, surly wait staff, bad cooking, etc.), we thought we would give her a headsup about the next rally.
We were infomed in NO uncertain terms that the people from our rally were NOT welcome, that she ONLY wanted locals, she wasn't set up to do hundreds?Huh? of people, ( we had 14 buses at the last rally), and that she didn't appreciate our butting into her business.
Guess what? We have since decided to send people to a nice little place about 5 miles away that is cheaper, cleaner and has much better food.

It seems that no one wants to give service anymore. they want our money, but don't want to put out the effort to deal with anything more than plopping the plate on the table and scurrying off to the next table. this isn't a big city problem or a regional problem. It's a problem that relates to the total breakdown of society as it relates to manners, upbringing and thoughtfulness.

Now, who's fault is it?
I have to be honest here and say that it's ours, the generation that raised these illiterate, ungrateful, selfish and self serving offspring.

How do we fix it?
Darnedifiknow.

What am I doing about it? not a dammed thing. I am electing to let the U.S. wallow in it's own  feces while I depart for Mexico or Belize.
I'm tired of being politically correct and worrying about what the neighbors will think or what is the "New" way to say some ethnic name.

I just wanna go home! But that ain't gonna happen either!

Dallas
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2006, 08:57:21 AM »

I am really depressed now....

They won't let me quit... No way no how...

I went and mowed the jungle again.. wow.. 40 minutes of racing with the neighbor on dualling mowers and back to the same old same old... If he mows I have to, If I mow he has to.. Our lawns are overlapping along the road..... Undecided

I went and got gas for the mower.. $20 for enough to mow the lawn twice ( 1-gas can full )... Arrrggghhh... Cry

The birds are happy since I stirred up the bugs for them.... Grin

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2006, 09:58:41 AM »

Wow,
I just wana delete this whole topic....It's depressing.

Come on Guy's!!! Your forgetting that we have a happy home right here at BBS.

You can travel far and abroad, and still have us...A friend, a neighbor, someone to talk to, more importantly a family......A family of Nuts of course.

But a family no doubt!     

Cheer up, there are better days if you let them happen!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2006, 10:04:51 AM »

Perhaps everyone is having PMS on the same day, Nick.  But you're right...it's not typical of the folks on the Board.

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
DebDav

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2006, 10:25:42 AM »

OK

Closing on the house is August 3......We will be homeless Cheesy

The business is sold and waiting for final crossed I's and dotted T's Shocked

We will live in the Discovery until the H3 is ready Angry

Then we will look all of you up and stop by to visit  Wink

Come on guys------------make a plan, build the plan, do the plan.   We can overcome Grin

DebDav

By the way................

We have been working towards this for 5 years.   Kinks happen.................Deb diagnosed with cancer May 9, 2006,  getting radiation now,----hopefully good outcome.

As she said this morning after treatment..... "In the waiting room today,  I cannot complain.  There are many people with worse problems than mine."

Weather -

Earthquakes -

Crabby neighbors -

We have it great and our lives are blessed.
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2006, 10:34:36 AM »

I totally agree with Nick and DebDav.  There are those who are much worse off than me.  For all its faults, so far, in Baltimore, nobody has fired a missle at my house. 

And I didn't mean to sound so negative...that's generally not in my nature.  Life really is what you make it.  And, wherever my wife and son are, that's my home!

Which brings me to this point.  I am grateful for this board.  Even though I haven't met ya'll face to face, I feel like I know you.  Neighbors can live anywhere!  Which makes me feel safe to "unload" a little here.  I have found in my 36 year existence that life tends to work itself out.  I don't plan to be here forever, but while I'm here, I'm making the most of it.  There are lots of sights to see.  Been to PA, DE, MD, DC, VA, WV and all kind of states between and around.  This is a beautiful country and even though I groused a little about the big city, I am still very fortunate to be in AMERICA!  It's the land that I love!

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Ace

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 11:30:57 AM »

WOW I whole heartedly want to appologize for bringing everyone else on this board down. That was definitely not my intention.

I wake up every morning and the first thing I do is come here. I guess I just had to have a place to unload my frustrations. Yea things havn't been going too good lately with work, gas prices, HOT as hell weather, helpers at work, material not being here for the bus, and then my dog.

It just seemed like nothing really mattered any more when I had to put him to sleep. What really bothers me the most and I keep beating myself up over it is, I don't think I made the right decision. I feel guilty as hell for doing what I did! Maybe I should have waited a little longer. The vet didn't recommend it so why did I? 15 years we were together and I pulled the plug on him because I thought I was doing the right thing for him. Was I really?  A dog that could still eat on his own, play fetch,  and go outside to do his business with no problem. He had a little pain from something not quite right on the inside and I didn't feel morphine was the final answer. NOW I don't think I made the right decision and the vet never tried to un-persuade me on the needle. She just did it!
Yea that's why my days are gloom! I can deal with all the other stuff around me here in Florida but this has really hit home!

Again, please accept my sincere appology for even bringing my issues here but as some have said, we are all neighbors in one way or another and since most if not all of my friends have been busy doing their own thing/s, there was nobody else to talk to!

Thanks for listening!

Now ya'll get out of them moods I put you in and get them busses done!

Ace
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: