Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 10:29:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wiper motors  (Read 1021 times)
ruthi

Ignore
« on: October 15, 2009, 05:13:34 AM »

Anyone know of where we could get a 12 volt wiper motor for our Dina? Would a truck wiper motor work?

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
alltech

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 05:49:08 AM »

Not sure if this guy has what you are looking for but he has every other make of bus and may be able to point you in the right direction

Speak to Miguel Gaglio

They have a web site also www.autexacs.com

Regards Ross

Autex Automotives Devices, Ltd.

1301 Travis Avenue

Staten Island, NY 10314

Tel:    718-983-9898

Fax:    718-494-4975

Email: customerservice@autexacs.com

1988 102C3 8V92
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 06:28:33 AM »

Would it maybe be less expensive to use a 12 to 24 volt converter and relays instead?  I don't have any idea what 12 volt wiper motors cost.  I haven't looked closely enough at my Dina to see if other wiper motors might work.

I might be interested in buying at least one of your wiper motors because my intermittent feature doesn't work on the driver's side.  There is a dead short somewhere.  There are seperate intermittent circuits for each wiper and the driver's side blows the fuse as soon as you put one in.  I need to disconnect the motor to see if the motor is the problem or not.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 07:30:29 AM »

Ross, thanks for the info. I called the number, it was the warehouse. They gave me another number to call and talk to Steve at IBP.  Turns out, we just talked to him a couple of days ago. He is trying to come up with some turn signal light lenses for us. He is going to do some research on the motor also and get back with us. Brian, if we dont use them, you are welcome to them.

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 09:01:21 AM »

I thought you were going to just switch the lights to LED?  You'll have a hard time finding the lenses except from MCI as the front ones are from Marcopolo and the rear probably are too.  Marcopolo is located in Brazil and made the body for the Dina Viaggio 1000.

Good luck with your wiper motor search.  I'll have to take a look at how they mount if it ever quits raining.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 09:48:58 AM »

Just wanted the turn signal lenses. The lights will be led.

belfert

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 10:41:58 AM »

Getting off the original topic, but you should not be putting LED bulbs in the original light fixtures.  You need to replace the entire light fixture when going to LED to maintain DOT approval.  You'll probably never get stopped or ticketed for losing DOT certification on your lights, so each has to make their own decision.

I installed all new LED light fixtures on my Dina.  I'll see if I can get help to take a photo this weekend.

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 04:07:12 PM »

Hey, I saw a thread from a couple of yrs ago, and bob evans mentioned a company called amequipement. They seem to be really nice and helpful. They said if we fill out a questionaire about the wipers we need, they can fix us up with whatever we want. We will have to wait til we get home, but it sounds like that is going to work for us. Thanks Bob Grin Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: