Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 22, 2014, 09:28:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New boot on the block  (Read 4325 times)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2009, 02:30:56 PM »

Harrumph!  No spirit of adventure. Roll Eyes

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »

Another possible idea for safely launching and retrieving boats:

My bus has a 2" receiver at the front, accessed behind the flip-up front license plate;  it's substantially bolted to the main frame rails, so it's not going anywhere.   I can plug a heavy-duty 12V winch into this receiver, then I can winch things from the front of the bus.   This way the bus could be on level terra firma while the boat trailer is safely moved down or up the ramp.   I suppose one could also do this with the usual rear receiver hitch, but I prefer to not back up to ramps, even with rear-view cameras and spotters to help me.

Could you put a receiver in the front of your bus?

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2009, 07:31:06 PM »

Another possible idea for safely launching and retrieving boats:

My bus has a 2" receiver at the front, accessed behind the flip-up front license plate;  it's substantially bolted to the main frame rails, so it's not going anywhere.   I can plug a heavy-duty 12V winch into this receiver, then I can winch things from the front of the bus.   This way the bus could be on level terra firma while the boat trailer is safely moved down or up the ramp.   I suppose one could also do this with the usual rear receiver hitch, but I prefer to not back up to ramps, even with rear-view cameras and spotters to help me.

Could you put a receiver in the front of your bus?

John

What I am looking for is having a runa round vehicle and a boat.  Where I go duck hunting I have to park in the rv park which is about 2 miles from the ramp.  I want to be able to get there, drop the truck and set up camp.  Then in the morning and evening go launch the boat.  It would be too much trouble to launch at this spot with a bus.  I don't believe I want any part of that.  The other part is I don't want to leave the boat at the ramp while I am not there.  Somebody will walk off with a propeller, battery decoys or the motor for that matter.  It is the Texas coast and things that aren't eyeballed by the owner have a tendency to walk away.  I believe a double tow is in the works here.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2009, 07:41:29 PM »

Just wanted to welcome you. Always good to have new blood.

1976 4905
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2009, 07:58:31 PM »

Just wanted to welcome you. Always good to have new blood.

Well that is mighty nice of you.  I can't wait to go to my first rally.  I bet that is a scream of a time.  A second bet I would make is I could learn a whole bunch from the folks there.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 03:05:51 AM »

Nice looking coach, and welcome to the world of bus peeeeples.  I had the same problem, bus too long, driveway too short.  8 loads of rock and $1400 lighter in the wallet, everything seems to fit nicely now.

Might try IBP (International Bus Parts) in Florida on the lights.  More than likely dgoing to find Chinese there too, sorry.

Boxcar Okie

Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2009, 06:51:02 AM »

Regarding your parts search.  There's a company just south of Dallas (in Hutchins, off I-45), that may be helpful.  CHF, Inc.  972-225-1960.  The sign on their building is "Eagle Bus Parts". 

I don't know anything about them, but they're right behind the place where our 4107 is having some work done.  With any luck, someone else here knows something about them. 

The other source commonly mentioned for Eagle Parts is Jefferson Bus, in Oklahoma City.

Arthur

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: