Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 11:40:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bio diesel  (Read 807 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« on: October 16, 2009, 10:38:18 AM »

Alright folks here goes.  I spent some time on a search here of this sight on Bio Diesel (BD).  I was anauble to figure out what I need to know.

My history with BD100%-2 tractors- 1 Excursion-2 TDIs VW.  All for coming on three years with 100%bio diesel.  I make roughly 300 to 400 gallons a month which puts me at the 3600 to 4800 gallons of BD thus far.  Neither of the 5 motors have I had a problem.

Knowing the BD ruins real rubber I would tend to change the fuel lines with viton rubber.  My question would be to those who are in the know, does the injector pump have rubber seals?  If it does have you changed yours out?  Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Garymci5

'67 MCI 5a; "Widebody"

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 10:50:03 AM »

It might be worth contacting the respective dealer or service professionals that handle pump rebuilding.

Keep us posted?

Cheers,
Gary

Buy your oil at true wholesale prices!:
http://www.synthetic-motor-oilsite.com/1688537
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 11:40:27 AM »

I know a little...sorta.  If you were going to have a problem you would have had it by now.  I would continue running the bio and replace what breaks with items that are spec-ed for Bio.  In Europe, all D must have a certain amt of Bio content and their diesel engines are built with that in mind.  Also, they have Bio available at the pumps and some stations can mix any ration you wish at the pump.

The problem you should most likely face is "bad" fuel that has meth or water or glycerin content.  You must have the process and testing down to a fine tune.  You are my hero!  Where are you and do you want to indulge in a coop?  I have LOTS of oil.

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Jerry W Campbell

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 02:34:25 PM »

As I understand it, yes most injection pumps have rubber parts, mostly o-rings.
I found a Viton rebuild kit for my VW pump.
I would think without Viton seals it's only a matter of time before it leaks.
My humble opinion
Jerry
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 02:43:49 PM »

Jerry,

I couldn't agree with you more so.  He has been burning B100 for three years.  I think any rubber components that are still in his system would have given up long ago.  I think he has none left.  I suggested that from this point he simply fix/rebuild what fails from use and not be concerned with "upgrading" anything for preemptive reasons.

I have no doubt you can get a Vitron seal kit for just about anything.  You can even get them for rebuilding the system you have that is already equipped with them. Huh Roll Eyes Tongue

If this sounds odd, don't forget I AGREED with you. Grin

John the agreeeable

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 07:21:56 PM »

I know a little...sorta.  If you were going to have a problem you would have had it by now.  I would continue running the bio and replace what breaks with items that are spec-ed for Bio.  In Europe, all D must have a certain amt of Bio content and their diesel engines are built with that in mind.  Also, they have Bio available at the pumps and some stations can mix any ration you wish at the pump.

The problem you should most likely face is "bad" fuel that has meth or water or glycerin content.  You must have the process and testing down to a fine tune.  You are my hero!  Where are you and do you want to indulge in a coop?  I have LOTS of oil.

John

Hello John,  I built a Murphy's Machine, type that in google and Murphy's web site will come up.  I do have it nailed down so far as making and testing the fuel prior to the fuel tank.  It isn't hard you just have to know what is going on before you go into the tank with the fuel. 

Where are you at in this world.  I am west of Houston by about 50 miles.  If your close maybe we can hook up and talk BD over a strong cup of coffee.  I have about 500 gallons I need to get after but I have just been too busy.  Today I laid out hte plans for a new addition to the barn so I can keep the bus inside instead of in the driveway.  Anyhow contact me and we can see what you got.

Now so far as the o-rings I believe yall are correct.  I would rather take the pump in and have a rebuild now than to do it on the road.  There can't be a bigger pain in the toe than a roadside fix.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: