Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 09:32:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ignored  (Read 3281 times)
ruthi

Ignore
« on: October 18, 2009, 06:35:47 PM »

What does it mean on the boards when you look at someones profile and it says ignored by X amount of members? Just curious. Huh

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 06:45:14 PM »

Members can "ignore" another member's posts (the system won't display the content of their post's to you) if they wish by clicking the "ignore" button in the left "profile" column of any of that member's posts.

That entry you are looking at on a member's profile page reports how many people are ignoring that member at that moment.
cody

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 06:46:53 PM »

I was being ignored by one person but i guess they got bored and left me.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2009, 06:56:00 PM »

Ruthi,

There is a button under every members profile. You could push that button, and it wouldn't display that members post. It can be kinda handy. For example, there are three members that can't stand me. They simply pushed that ignore button and I don't bother them anymore. That is what it is for. Expearment with it. Pushe the button, and see what happens. Then just click the button again and it will unignore.

God bless.

John

Posted from my Itouch.

Cody looks like they all moved over to ignoring me. LOL

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Paladin
Dave Knight

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2009, 07:34:25 PM »

I'm being ignored by one person and I'm insulted! I thought I earned more than that by now.
Actually I have no idea who it is or why especially since I haven't been on much but it's ok with me either way.

'75 MC-8   'Event Horizon'
8V71  HT740
Salt Lake City, Utah

"Have bus will travel read the card of the man, a Knight without armor in a savage land...."
John316

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2009, 07:42:53 PM »

If it makes you feel better, I can ignore you too Grin Grin Grin.

No really. I have missed you on here. I wondered what rock you pulled you bus under, and why you had dropped off.

God bless,

John

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2009, 07:47:55 PM »

Shocked Seems pretty harsh and rude to me. If there is someone who you dont agree with, or like to read input, seems to me just skipping that input would be the right thing to do. Maybe I am just too nice, but probably not, as I tend to say what is on my mind most of the time. Maybe that is what gets some of us in trouble sometimes. I think it has to do with age, lol. When you start getting older, what others think of you doesnt seem quite as important. Grin I guess to each their own. I havent personally met anyone on here, other than Mike, but as I said before, everyone seems nice and helpful. It doesnt take too long to learn who knows what, and how much. We have learned quite a bit about the old gmcs, by experience, but, as far as our Dina, it is a new learning exper.  Grin  Thanks all!

John316

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2009, 07:50:41 PM »

Ruthi,

I didn't agree with your post. I think that I will ignore you now Grin Cheesy Grin Sometimes people need that ignore button if they can't do it themselves. Helps the blood pressure if you feel strongly about something Wink

God bless,

John

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2009, 08:01:51 PM »

Grin I see your point. I guess if I get that upset with someone, I would be more likely to tell them, than ignore. It helps me to get it off my chest, and then they can ignore me. Roll Eyes

HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 08:03:53 PM »

Did John say something?   Grin Grin Grin

I think most of the ignores got their start in the Off Topic section where discussions get a little more intense discussing highly subjective matters.

I have noticed some ignores that I can't imagine why.  I think sometimes it is just someone playing around with the ignore feature and leaving someone ignored.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 08:11:35 PM »

Well, i wont mess with the button, just in case Grin   I hope someday to get to meet some of the people on here. Then, I will know who to ignore, lol Wink

Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2009, 03:02:11 AM »

I think it's regrettable that the option has to exist, but I'm actually using it myself now after a member said something absolutely shameful in the Off-Topic section. I did draft a reply to that member's post at the time, but realised on reflection that his thinking was so off-kilter that I was wasting my time, and the ignore function was the only worthwhile option. I haven't been able to bring myself to visit Off-Topic since, which is a shame as there were some great discussions in there which taught me a lot about alternative viewpoints on big topics.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 03:19:47 AM »

Ok, two questions...

First, why doesn't the ignore button show up for me?

Second, what the heck is a magazine exchange button?  I see one under Jeremy's profile.

Ok, I just answered my second question. I saw the same button under mine and clicked on it. Took me to my own website.  I guess Jeremy has a website called Magazine Exchange.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 04:29:47 AM by gumpy » Logged

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 03:37:57 AM »

I guess Jeremy has a website called Magazine Exchange.

Yup. And thanks for advertising the button which everyone should click and pay us a visit - but visit us again in a few weeks when our new state-of-the-art make-money-by-selling-your-old-magazines-in-our-online-marketplace-just-like-on-eBay-or-Amazon site will be up and running!

And, to answer your first question, I don't think you can see your own ignore button as the software considers that the idea of choosing to ignore yourself to be a little too existential.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 04:29:24 AM »

And, to answer your first question, I don't think you can see your own ignore button as the software considers that the idea of choosing to ignore yourself to be a little too existential.

Well that wasn't quite what I was asking, though sometimes I think I'm being ignored by even my own self. I hate it when I'm trying to have an intelligent conversation with myself, and find I'm being ignored!

I can't see an ignore button on anyone's profile.

I know I'm special, but come on... Sometimes I really want to ignore people.

Wish I could get an ignore button for all the stupid drivers to and from work. Better yet, give me an incinerate button!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: