Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 01:36:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ignored  (Read 3277 times)
Runcutter

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 07:05:42 AM »

I now use Jeremy's method - I seldom go to the off-topic section (just enough to see if there are any new jokes).  The political rantings and ravings raised my blood pressure too much.  Further, while the on-topic section mostly emphasizes our common bond/interest, much of the off-topic discussion seems to focus on differences - to the point of seeing who can light the dynamite fuse the fastest.

Sometime within the last two years, I decided that I couldn't post a note that we planted a bush in our front yard, because someone could sieze the moment (the word bush) and launch into a diatribe.  

There was an earlier post about the ignore button, that made me aware of it.  I did consider putting one individual on ignore (and discovered that I wouldn't be the first).  I don't expect us to agree with each other on everything.  However, I don't see where trying to force our ideas on another is productive.  In fact, I think we've had people leave over it --- and thus lost some valuable contributors.

What I'd like to see is the option to ignore, but without it showing on the individual's profile.  I don't see the usefullness, or where it helps us with our common interests, to see "this individual ignored by ____ people.

Arthur  

Arthur Gaudet    Carrollton (Dallas area) Texas 
1968 PD-4107

Working in the bus industry provides us a great opportunity - to be of service to others
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2009, 07:05:51 AM »

Unfortunately the ignore button and the bookmarks bar only work in the default theme. 

I agree it is a shame an ignore button is needed, but I am glad it is there for those that it helps with their enjoyment of this forum.  Pretty much everybody is capable of rubbing somebody the wrong way at times.

Hey I resemble that! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2009, 07:26:37 AM »

Did mike say something? lol

I don't know. I had to program my own ignore button Grin Grin Grin. Something about mods...They must have the default theme turned off Grin.

I am kidding, Mike.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2009, 07:42:52 AM »

Ok. I must not be using the default theme.

Well, that's ok. I like the look and feel of whatever I'm using so won't change that. I'll just have to continue on my normal way of ignoring everyone all by myself  Cheesy

There's only a couple I really wanted it for, and they were off topic stuff anyway, which I've been filtering simply by ignoring the whole thread, so kinda the same thing.

I do kind of like the idea of displaying how many people are ignoring them in their profile. Maybe when the number gets high they will finally realize that nobody is listening to all their crap and then they''ll either shut up or just go away. Kind of a subtle way to vote them off the island.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 08:41:41 AM by gumpy » Logged

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 07:49:35 AM »

Well John, basic observation on life - some people are hard to ignore.   Grin Grin Grin
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 07:51:25 AM »

Well John, basic observation on life - some people are hard to ignore.   Grin Grin Grin

Ain't that the truth. And mods are right up there at the top Grin Cheesy Grin.

Really, I am very grateful for all that you guys do. I am not complaining at all, and am just very grateful.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: