Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 22, 2014, 04:41:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My transmission scares me  (Read 3339 times)
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »

I second that on  the good guys

John
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2009, 06:03:27 PM »

As Clifford says, the picture is of your speedometer adapter housing. Your Transmission is an Allison MT654. Not a hard job to work on the modulator. Bring it up here when you come this way... we can adjust it.

Hello Dallas,  Your in Franklin correct?  I called Inland in Dallas but that is a long way.  I also didn't feel very comfortable with the service guy on the telephone.  He kept selling me on droping the tranny pan to inspect the debri in the pan and started talking about the price of a rebuild on a tranny.  I just thought that was a little out of ordinary to talk about how much a rebuild is when I am calling about adjusting a modulator.

I will be headed to Franklin on or around the 20th of November.  Let me know where your at and maybe I can jet up.  My problem is my on call schedule.  I am on call for 2 weeks and then off for two weeks.  I just came off of a 3 week on call and am a little stir crazy.  We are headed to Sommerville this weekend.

+2 on a great group of folks on this site.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:50:59 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: