Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 01, 2014, 07:06:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natural gas powered semi  (Read 4576 times)
cody

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 11:24:42 AM »

lol, very funny, interesting tho, I know that there are many things a scenic won't do, thats why I have an eagle, I like to use mine, I don't have the yard space to accumulate buses just so I can say I have them, I actually get out on the road with my eagle, I've seen some very nice scenics tho, there are some great ones out there, you should look into them and see what makes them different from yard ornaments.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 12:11:14 PM »

you should look into them and see what makes them different from yard ornaments.

I already know, $$$   Wink

BTW, I ain't the only one with a yard ornament, so I consider myself in good company.  Grin
Sometimes the journey is as important as the destination.  Cool
Sometimes, saving a classic from the scrap yard takes priority.
Different routes for different people. Some would rather plan until they get it worked out on paper, some preferr to just start on it change it as often as necessary until they get what they want.
Neither way is wrong - unless it is forced on you.  Sad
I have a plan & am sticking to it - progress is being made as funds allow.  Grin
If someone wants me to move at a faster pace, they are welcome to increase their funding of my project.  Grin  Cool

Enjoy the time you have, we aren't promised any tomorrows.

If I had it all to do over again, I would. The only change I'd consider would be to start earlier!  I have no regrets, but lots of happy memories, so no complaints here.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 02:55:21 PM »

The nice thing about the Cummins ISL G engine is that it is already '10 smog approved.  It has electronic fuel injection with a car like catalytic converter.  What I don't like-there are emissions that are not even regulated-like Flourine (smells like pool clorene), lots of carbon monoxide (you won't ever see a fork lift powered by Nat Gas inside a warehouse-would gas everyone out), and the particles are so small that they get absorbed into the body-compared to the large carbon particles from a Diesel engine.

I just got a tractor back from my customer.  The 110gal LNG tank actually holds 55gal Diesel Equivalent Gallons.  It was driven 260mile for 4.72mpg Diesel Equivalent Gallons @ 2.179/gal. 

Unless you have a government subisdies to help pay for the truck, I'd stay well away from Natural Gas.

Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 10:32:45 PM »

Do the math. A 3 foot diameter tank would have about 9 times the volume of a 1 foot diameter tank of the same length. So the 100 miles per 1 foot tank estimate seems about right. 100 miles x factor 9 x 3 tanks = 1800 miles per fill. Plus some since highway mileage will be better than city driving.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: