Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 07:52:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: road A/C help  (Read 1268 times)
novice

Ignore
« on: July 20, 2006, 06:56:17 PM »

does anyone know a good A/C mechanic in South Floirda?  We just purchased an old Prevost which has "over the road" A/C.  The compresson comes on but keeps going off.  It may be low on Freon - yes it is still Freon 12 - and this is probably a good time to refit it, but I can't find anyone to work on it.  Thought you all might know of someone.
Thanks
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 07:07:21 PM »

Novice,

I'm not sure where you are in So. Fl  but, I use a company in Ft. Lauderdale called Polar Bear for my retrofit parts.

Maybe call him and ask who he knows in your area.

http://www.polarbearinc.com/index2.htm

Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
novice

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 07:12:50 PM »

Thanks Nick,    I live south of Miami, so it's not far to go to Ft Lauderdale.  I'll call him in the morning.
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 05:22:16 AM »

Novice, if the guy Nick recommended isn't able to help you...I know a guy in Pompano who's been working on A/C's for over 40 years and is hard to stump.   Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
novice

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 06:19:42 AM »

Bob, dumb question but does your guy work on buses?  The guy Nick gave me was very helpful, but the people he knows won't work on buses?  As for Pompano, that would be great, we live south of Miami, but Pompano is not that far.
NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 06:25:49 AM »

Let me give him a call and I'll verify whether or not he can help you.

Bob

NCbob

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 06:44:13 AM »

Sorry, he can't and doesn't know of anyone is South FL who might be able to help you.  His only answer was the because of the amount of refrigerant these systems hold your best bet would be one of the conversion outfits or
a Charter bus outfit that does outside work.

He's able to work on the basement A/C's, like Cruisair, etc. but draws the line on the super large units.  Perhaps Jack or Fred might be able to point you in the right direction but they're upstate quite a bit.

I'd call some of the Charter outfits and see who they might know that can help you. Someone has to be doing their work.  Trust me, knowing the guys on this board...someone will come up with something for you.

Bob

novice

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 06:56:09 AM »

That's what I was hoping for.  I figure if anyone has researched this it would be one of you guys.  I have started on the same path you were talking about, I have made contact with a fleet maintenance shop in my area.  The guy we need to talk to is out sick at the moment.  Hope that pans out.  But..... in the mean time.....
Sammy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 03:40:48 PM »

Novice, you can try this guy if you want:

Mr.Autobus International Corp.
2481 NW 7th St.
Miami,FL
305-576-5556
1-877-7BUS

Got it from my bus garage index. Ad says he does A/C work on all motorcoaches.
Good luck.
Sammy  Cool
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: