Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 12:15:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Boy Scout troop has a bad bus day  (Read 1031 times)
belfert

« on: July 22, 2006, 02:57:17 PM »

I just returned from a week at Boy Scout camp.  Unfortunately, my bus was not ready to haul scouts up to camp this year.

On the way to camp, we passed a stalled charter bus with a bunch of scouts and leaders standing next to it.  The engine bay was open and there was oil all over the shoulder.  My guess was that the engine had a catastrophic failure.  The bus was an older MC-8 or MC-9.  It was 99 degrees and I hope the scouts had water.  There was a police car there helping out.

I learned at camp that the bus had actually started on fire.  Everyone got out okay.  They weren't real far from camp, but they couldn't senmd the camp buses to help since they have no license plates.  I never did find out how they got to camp.

Brian Elfert
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 07:02:52 PM »

That's a shame to hear about! I wish everyone could have a safe an uneventful trip, but I also know mechanical failures can happen with brand new equipment also, so I feel bad both for the Boys and the bus owner becuase it usually happens when you really don't expect it to ! I know how it feels to be with agroup and something happens and also how much it cost to pay someone else to finish the trip & then pay for towing and repairs too! Double bad day for all! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
ceieio
MCI 7 DD 8V71, HT740

1973 MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 02:54:38 PM »

That's too bad.  We are off to camp next week, but going the old fashioned way... 23 boys in a bunch of SUV's.  I won't be going this year as I am working on the bus and house while I have the weather.  My son needs to be at camp without the old man some times as well.

I really love this particular camp from when I was a kid, 600-700 acres, 2 miles of beachfront on the Pacific, .50 cal black powder in addition to the 12 ga. and .22 ranges, archery, canoes, rowboats, climbiing tower, and on goes the list.  Its a great place to be a kid.  The coffee is pretty good too if you are a dad. :-)

Craig - MC7 Oregon

Craig MC7 - Oregon USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: