Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 02:03:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing shift points on a 740 Allison transmission  (Read 5086 times)
Merlin-PV

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 09:01:47 AM »

If you want to change the shift points you will need to take it to the shop as the springs in the valve body will need to be changed, very expensive at $100.00 per hr.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 06:17:09 PM »

Terry,when you get ready to change the oil in the transmission email me if Dallas doesn't do it for you and I will walk you through it.
The pan has to be removed and you just change the setting no springs or valve to replace each click will raise the shift point 40 rpm not hard to do just nasty 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2009, 06:22:06 PM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 04:48:51 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 03:44:05 PM »

Thanks Guys
I appreciate all the help. Like I said I am working in Kansas till Christmas then to South Texas for the rest of the winter so I may wait till I get back to Indiana for the summer to work on it. Or just leave it alone and shift it manually.

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: