Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 07:29:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Couches?  (Read 3655 times)
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« on: October 21, 2009, 01:59:13 PM »

We are now looking to buy our permanent furniture. We have a total of 9' on one side and 14' usable space on the passenger side. Do you all have any recommendations? This place looked like it had some interesting stuff. http://www.discountvantruck.com/discountrvaccessories/rvfurniture.htm.

Any brand recommendations? What about the sofa's? We want them to make into a bed. What kind of mechanism is best?

Shotgun seat. What is a good brand for that?

Thanks for the help. We would like to go looting and pillaging, however, we are too far away from them to make that practical.

We want the seating to be comfortable, because we will be sitting in it a LOT.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2009, 02:48:28 PM »

We had flex steel and took them out and built or own to fit our usable space.. Put Deep storage draws under the cushions. Used high density foam wrapped tight,5 inch thick with upholstery fabric to our taste..For the bed under the cushion we hinged a 3/4 inch of plywood that folds out and rest atop the pulled out draws(they have casters on the bottom) for a mattress we used a closed cell queen size air mattress that deflates and stores in a drawer.It has survived a 3 yr old jumping up and down. Good luck...

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
jmblake
Jason & Martha Blake

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2009, 04:35:39 PM »

John
Our furniture came from them and so far its holding up very well it was the ulta leather alanta. It does take a while to get, it was like 5 weeks. Also the couch that we got makes into a almost to big of a bed once it is out its hard to get through between it and the captains chairs. but you got 6" on me for width so maybe not a big deal. Jason

RTS/Daytona

Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2009, 05:44:30 PM »

I have thier couch / dinette and captains seats - about 4 years now

very confortable - wears very well

I purchased from those guys cause I delivered a coach 5 years ago and spent 14 hours in a drivers seat from them  - It was sooo good - I had them send ALL of my seats for my RTS from their factory in California to Daytona Fl.

Pete RTS/Daytona

If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 03:50:25 AM »

If anybody with any height may lay down on it, get the couch without the arms.

My 2 sense

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 04:54:44 AM »

John that is the place, the quality is top notch and the price was excellant.....delivery was a tad slow......but that wasn't a problem.....Ivan was great to work with, I bought two couches, a dinette, and two captains chairs I don't have a single complaint about that link!  Speaking of shipping....I don't believe anything was as well packed and protected as their's was! A first rate business!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2009, 05:20:14 AM »

Thanks for the replies. That helps a lot.

Muddog, that is very insightful. I read some other reviews (rip off report), and it sounded like a Mike Kadletz all over again. It is good to hear that they might be a good company. They looked like a good place to buy from (selection), however, I didn't know if they were all that good.

Thanks for the help. It looks like they aren't all that bad after all. Good options. We weren't sure whether these guys were okay, or to sink the money into Flexsteel. These guys couches didn't look that bad for 1K each.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2009, 05:44:36 AM »

If you're interested in shoulder belts for your pilot/co-pilot seats, the very best option is seats with an integral shoulder belt built in.  My sister designed passenger restraint systems for GM, she told me that system was the best, but too costly and heavy for most cars.  Obviously depends on a good install of the base.

I have a cloth covered flexsteel couch that folds out, I like it a lot.  I far prefer cloth to leather-type upholstery, but I suspect good leather wears better.  I installed front seats from a GMC pickup that do have the integral shoulder belts, I like them a lot.  I haven't gotten to permanent passenger seating yet.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2009, 05:54:37 AM »

For your couch, check out futons and a futon frame.  You can mount it on top of some large drawers, it's inexpensive, lightweight, easily removed for cleaning, and turns into a bed or couch as your needs dictate.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2009, 07:16:39 AM »

Hi, we have a flexsteel ultraleather couch, in the light color, it also makes into a bed. We got it, and then decided not to use a couch. It is brand new sitting in my house. If you were close enough, I would take a couple of hundred for it, just to get it out of my way.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2009, 08:18:12 AM »

Hi John,

If your are concidering synthetic Leather,  Be careful of the brands you choose.

There is Ultimatleather, and Ultraleather Big difference between the two..

Camping World and many seating company's  sell the Ultimateleather which feels good but, nothing like Ultraleather!

Ultraleather is a trademark of Ultra Fabrics Inc and holds a patten on their products. In my opinion, Ultraleather feels

better then real leather.... It actually feels like Calfs Skin Leather. It's that soft.. It's also puncture resistant, stain resistant,

and there is no wear signs in any of my seating after 4 1/2 years now. [and I have 3 kids]

Yes, it usually is more expancive then real leather too.. but worth it because real leather wears, creases and cracks with age.

Good Luck
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2009, 08:24:54 AM »

Ruthi,

If John316 doesn't want your couch, I'd like to take a look at it. Where in GA are you. I'm in Duluth, just NE of Atlanta.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2009, 09:26:00 AM »

Hi, we are in Milledgeville, Ga. I will see if I can find a pic of it, and send it to you. We paid several times over that for it, but, cant use it, so, someone else lucks out, lol.  Grin

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2009, 09:34:37 AM »

Here is a link to see a couch like the one we have, except the one we have is ultraleather.http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/flexsteel-deluxe-easy-bed-sofas/7617

wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 10:08:05 AM »

Ruthi,

Well, we're only about 100 miles apart.

Again, John316 gets first crack at it.  I'll take it, if he passes on it.

Bob

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: