Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 22, 2014, 03:44:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need basic info re stop light switch  (Read 778 times)
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« on: October 22, 2009, 07:58:40 AM »

Air operated stop light switch just after the brake pedal.  Seem to piss alot of air through the vent hole.  To my mind this is because the diaphragm is leaking.  It looks like common  simple little screw on part (definatly not original to the bus) still works just leaks out the vent.  First thought was to just pull and replace it 2nd was to ask before I made more work.

redbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 08:24:19 AM »

Mine leaked a lot also so I went to N.A.P.A. bought a new one and installed it. One of the very few easy jobs on a bus.

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 10:22:38 AM »

When do they leak?  when the PB is on or off?  When the service brake is on?  If it's a noticable leak, can you still pass the leak-down test (no more  that 3 psi on a full brake application, compressor off, over 1 minute)?

curious about what i should be watching and listening for.
Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
zubzub

'53 4104. Roadworthy but rough around the edges.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 10:27:33 AM »

it's the switch that turns the brake lights on... only has pressure when the brake pedal is depressed. so it only leaks when the BP is depressed, but then it's getting pretty cold and dark up here so the BP is depressed a lot of the time Sad

Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 12:47:07 PM »

JD @ C & J Bus repair in Bloomington, MN 800-228-7349 has an economical replacement in stock! I have used several of them with no complaints!  FWIW Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: