Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 08:55:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok! New plan. 1953 Flxible Visicoach!  (Read 8351 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 10:10:46 AM »

It comes up fine for me too Dallas.

Sometimes a router somewhere in the path between the browser and the server goes down.  Only those connections via that path are effected.  The web will usually reroute it within a few hours or the router will get replaced/rebooted.  Either way the problem usually clears up within a few hours.
wildbob24

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 10:21:16 AM »

Mac,

I was going to chime in here and say that that I think you're nuts........but then I remembered that we're all nuts or we wouldn't be here.

So, good luck with your new endeavor.

P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
Duluth, GA
MacGyver

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 10:24:06 AM »

Hey all...  We have begun our trip to the great white...  We will be stopping overnight so...  We should be there on Wednesday.  
For your inet problems...  Type this command at a cmd prompt...

Ipconfig /flushdns

Then try again.  If that fails, it's not something you can fix and is upstream from you.

Time to go.  Needto turn the phone off to conserve battery power.  

Cheers and wish us luck!  We'resure as hell going to need it on this trip!

-Mac

1953 Flxible Visicoach
http://b.logthis.net/toothless
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 11:25:51 AM »

Ipconfig /flushdns

Then try again.  If that fails, it's not something you can fix and is upstream from you.

Still didn't work. Too bad. I will try again tomorrow.

Mac, hope your trip goes well. What route ya'll taking.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2009, 11:04:53 AM »

Mac,

Good luck with your dream bus...  On the change of plans from the 4905 you were looking at, by chance was it in NC?  From your description, it sounded just like one that is for sale here.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
MacGyver

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2009, 09:20:25 PM »

Yes, the 4905 was NC.

We are home with the "new" (really old) Flxible Visicoach!  BTW...  It's a 1953, not a '56.  Smiley

Going to rest now.

-Mac

1953 Flxible Visicoach
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2009, 04:20:08 AM »

Hey Mac,

Glad to hear you made it safe and sound. Here is a Flxible link you might be interested in. http://www.flxibleowners.org/

We had four of them at our TBR rally this year, what a bunch of great guys and gals with gorgeous coaches!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
MacGyver

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2009, 06:54:59 PM »

Paul, thanks.  Smiley  I've been looking through the site and it's got a lot of useful info...  I'm still just wiped from the trip...  It'll be a couple of days before I'm back to "normal".  lol...

-Mac

1953 Flxible Visicoach
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2009, 07:25:31 PM »

Quote from: MacGyver
...  It'll be a couple of days before I'm back to "normal".  lol...
-Mac

Uh, did he just say normal? Normal, is he kidding? ? ?

None of us are NORMAL! We're NUTS! BUSNUTS!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
MacGyver

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2009, 07:35:40 PM »

Why ya think I "quoted" it?  Wink  However, in this case, I mean physically and mentally back to "me".   Grin

I'm going to bed now I think.  My body is rebelling against such a grueling trip...  Before I make another long trip in her...  I'm definitely getting a comfortable seat!  heh...

-Mac

1953 Flxible Visicoach
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2009, 07:38:11 PM »

Before I make another long trip in her...  I'm definitely getting a comfortable seat!  heh...

-Mac

Mac, So ya mean that the five gallon bucket didn't work out very well? lol

How did the trip go? Did you break down at all? At least this one is converted. Now you can "get outa Dodge" and find some pay somewhere.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
MacGyver

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2010, 12:07:03 PM »

Ok guys...  I know it's been... well... a long time since I posted...

But...  Smiley  

It looks like I'm going to be moving forward on this pretty soon.  I've located a donor bus...  I don't know the year of the bus, but it has an IH 7.3 engine.  Not sure if it's turbocharged or exactly what tranny is attached to it...  I'll be heading out to look at it sometime between tomorrow and this coming Monday.

If I get it, then I'll be moving the engine/tranny from the donor over to the old girl...  From what the owner has told me about the donor, it's in pretty good condition, the engine runs like a top and the tranny shifts perfectly.  I'm *hoping* that the rear end components can fairly easily be swapped over from the donor to the old Flx.  If everything goes smoothly (no real plan, since plans never work for me)...  Then hopefully, in the next couple of months...  My bus will be back on the road.

I have to rewire _EVERYTHING_... all the lights need replacement and the dash will need a complete overhaul as well as the circuit panel...  But, on the flip side...  This is the bus I had looked for for several years but could never find...  Now I have it.  So...  It's time to get her going so I can get back on the road and back to work.

I'm going to have to do almost everything myself and on the cheap-cheap since the donor bus will kill the little bit of money that's now left after claiming some tools and equipment against the insurance...  I'm hoping I can still squeak a little more out of them (still need to replace my welding rig and some much needed tools)...  But I'm not going to count on it.

Hopefully I'll be able to find someone around here that will let me use their welding rig and tools that I'll still need in order to get the next phase of the project completed.  We'll see.

Anyway, just thought I'd give a little update... I know it's a bit vague, but... it's the only thing to really happen since I drove the ol' girl home, so... it's SOMETHING!  Yay!  ^.^

I'll keep ya'll updated as things progress...  

-Mac

PS

I've updated the topic to reflect the correct year of this coach... It's a 1953, not a 1956.  Smiley

Cheers!

1953 Flxible Visicoach
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2010, 01:29:48 PM »

That donor bus has the posibility of donating dash wiring too . . . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
sweeney153

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2010, 02:48:24 PM »

I tried and its asking for a user name and password.

But I dont see any place to sign up.

Kevin

Warwick NY
1964 4106-2703 8V71 Spicer 4 speed
MacGyver

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2010, 03:33:48 PM »

Oh, I know... I'll make use of the wiring...  but all the existing wiring is just toasted... it's 60 years old and all original stuff.  I had to bypass a lot with "patchwork wires" just to get her to drive home...  Very little worked when I first started...  So, she needs all new runs from front to back... 

I'm sure I'm going to have to create a custom dash to accommodate the new gauges and such too.  Smiley

But... Sweeney...  Huh??  User name and password?  Place to sign up?  You sure you got the right thread?  o.O

-Mac

1953 Flxible Visicoach
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: