Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 05:32:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beaver bus  (Read 1658 times)
steamguy56

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2006, 01:57:04 PM »

You want believe this one, an old all alum. except for front and rear caps bus just came onto the scales. It was driven on, perrrrin like a kitten (Gas powered)
Three people was following it into the yard! Anyway 16500 lbs @ .03=495.00. (I did round it out to 500.00) After I run all the gowkers away.
One guy even tried "thats the bus my grandfather converted in 1968 and moved here", so I told him I'll give you first refusal on it, if I deside not to do anything with it.
The only thing I have found so far was BEAVER.....WIll do some more checking perhaps some pictures this week end. Sorry to have to post and leave will check back as soon as possible.

Danny
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 07:49:54 PM »

You mean they scrapped it for $.03 per pound?  Up here they are paying $.12 per pound for mixed (dirty) aluminum.  I got $400 for just over 3300 pounds today.  Mixed steel, glass and aluminum.  Mostly aluminum, but they call it "dirty" because it's mixed.  They are paying $.60 per pound for clean extrusion.

Ross
steamguy56

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 11:06:08 AM »

Ross, yes unclean alum. is around 15 thats for 65% recovery..the bus would fall into hard to work up catagory, hence the only .03. The old girl is I think 1953..Beaver #A969. Got a chance to look at it this a.m. looks like it only has a 6 cyl, gas engine. Mabe continental....International? Put it in a holding pen till destination known.

Danny
tekebird

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 04:58:48 AM »

Beaver was a small company that produced buses in Beaver, PA.  think they went berlly up somewherte in the early 50's

does it still have the manufacturer builders plate  or nose logo?
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 05:54:54 AM »

I had a Beaver Class C that was made in the early 80's. They also made Class A's during that time period. May have been a different company. The Class C I had was a great coach and I never had any problems with it. I drove it until I got my Eagle.
Richard

Beaver was a small company that produced buses in Beaver, PA.  think they went berlly up somewherte in the early 50's

does it still have the manufacturer builders plate  or nose logo?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
belfert

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 08:28:02 AM »

I had a Beaver Class C that was made in the early 80's. They also made Class A's during that time period. May have been a different company. The Class C I had was a great coach and I never had any problems with it. I drove it until I got my Eagle.

Beaver Class As are still in production.  A lot of them list well over $500k.

Brian Elfert
steamguy56

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 11:56:32 AM »

The tag reads Beaver Metrapolitan co? ...A969 . A quick seach shows limited production in PA. area from 1933/1956 good records recovered also shows the destination of every unit. In 1953 the 12th month this bus was deliverd to Woodlawn & Southern Motor coach co.  PA. It seems if the records of the Ohio Museum of transportation are correct there were only 12 more made until Feb. of 56.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: