Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 04:52:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, your Online mags will be safe.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad news! Libby's down again! :'(  (Read 9367 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2009, 08:15:42 PM »

Hey Cody,

We r still here following along... Keep us posted ! Glad to hear she's doing better.

John and Jean

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
Peabody

Bus wannabe,Gillig chassis,3208 cat

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2009, 07:27:55 AM »

Cody,
Sending Libby a BIG virtual HUG, keeping you and Libby in my prayers.Hugs Peabody

Enjoy Life...This is not a rehearsal!
Want to make God laugh?        Make plans
cody

« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2009, 02:30:33 PM »

I talked to libby today and her doctor, she went thru a rearendectomy today with the firehose but she said it was easy she slept thru it, they did find some stuff they sent out for a look at by the lab but no news on that yet.  The doctor said she will have to have regular blood workups for a while like once a week or so until they see her creatinine levels drop and stay down, then they are going to cut her in half and put a stent in to get better blood flow to the shrunken kidney, she is hoping to come home at some point this week.  The doctor said he couldn't remember anyone surviving a creatinine level higher than 9, she managed to hit 8.6, she always has to push the limits.  The biggest thing we'll have to deal with is she needs 24hr help for a while, somebody has to be with her at all times for a while, I was hoping maybe jennifer lopez would maybe volunteer but maybe not.  I guess we'll just take it a day at a time for a while but I'm getting pooing out, one good thing is that I'm a slacker and can be close by most of the time.
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2009, 02:37:25 PM »

Comming home is great news..Even if its a few days away !! And good luck with the J Lo thing... Maybe someone here could make a few phone calls.. Id try but you'd probably end up with Phyllis Diller !

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2009, 02:47:33 PM »

Cody,

Thanks for the update! Did you give her a big hug for me?

That is great that she is doing better. I am still praying for you all.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2009, 07:21:05 AM »

I just got a call from libby's nurse with an update on her, libby had a rough night, she has developed some severe breathing problems and a ventilator is on standby in her room. They are also discussing the possibility of her being transported to Ann Arbor, down to the university of michigan hospital to have the aorta bypassed on her kidneys, one kidney is gone but the other kidney is got a blockage that is restricting the blood to her kidney and causeing a lot of her problems, I asked how she would be transported and she said an air lift would be brought in from Traverse City but that is still being discussed and they arn't sure she is strong enough for it, so it doesn't look like she will be coming home just yet.  The options available right now is if the resperatory problems clear up, she may be able to come home for a while and possibly exist on dialysis 3 times a week, she will still need the aorta bypassed at the constriction in her kidney and this hospital can't do it, they won't risk it, they say a surgeon at the ann arbor hospital is the closest that has any success with that, he has reviewed her case but has not agreed to accept her yet.  Her doctor has declared her totally disabled and completely incapacitated at this point.  I asked the doctor about maybe checking me or jamie to see if we could give her a kidney but the doctor said it's not the kidneys fault, it's the plumbing to it, he said she has a heavy build up of scale thru her arteries that they can't risk breaking any of it loose.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2009, 07:35:02 AM »

Cody so sad to hear this "new" news! It was so good to talk to her on Friday (her birthday) and hear how upbeat and positive she was about getting to come home this week! And now she's gone the other way, but there is hope. Hopefully they will be able to get her down to Ann Arbor and fix that plumbing problem!

Now don't you go to Lowes buying stuff and trying to re-plumb her like you did the Eagle!

Keep us posted and by all means if you need ANYTHING call us!
 Sad  BK   Sad

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: November 03, 2009, 12:44:16 PM »

Sorry to hear Cody, but thanks for the update.
Grant

Have Fun!!
Grant
letz4wheel

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: November 03, 2009, 04:26:24 PM »

Cody,
I can't help you with the J lo thing but I do have a speedo, that might cheer her up....or at least keep her laughing  Grin Grin
Hopefully all works out well in AnnArbor we need Libbys spirts up and thinking positive in these trying times.

Just remember the speedo is only a phone call away  Grin

'78 MCI MC-8
4 speed
8v71
cody

« Reply #69 on: November 03, 2009, 04:33:39 PM »

I got the word a little bit ago, Ann Arbor has refused to accept her.
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 03, 2009, 05:30:06 PM »

Oh man..
I'll keep praying for the best.

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
cody

« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2009, 05:50:43 PM »

The hospital has done all they say they can, I'm bringing her home tomorrow.  I'll do my best to care for her.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2009, 06:29:27 PM »

Cody, you know that if there was any way we could be there to help you with her care we would be.  Since we can't be with you we do send our prayers and our love for you, Libby and the girls.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2009, 06:50:50 PM »

d a m n .

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #74 on: November 03, 2009, 06:52:22 PM »

Cody, my heart is breaking for you you and Libby.  We will definitely be praying for something to work out.

I am very concerned about you guys being 90 miles from where she will have to go for dialysis 3 times a week.  Not only because of the miles of driving, but also the tendancy for winter weather to interfere with the ability to get her there.  Is there any way you can live closer to where the dialysis will be done, either there or in a southern climate?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: