Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 20, 2014, 10:47:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where/how to buy shoulder belted Captains chairs and happijac bed lift  (Read 2696 times)
Aussiecoach

Ignore
« on: October 30, 2009, 03:47:45 PM »

Hi All

I have been lurking here for sometime now, and have learnt so much from your info and experiences and just love to read what people are up to. The biggest problem I have is I am located in Australia, where the busnut community is small and not as well connected.

Anyway I have a bus/coach I intend to convert, it is a Denning Landseer with 6V92T and six speed spicer and am hoping to take advantage of some of the great products you have available to you at cheaper prices than I can buy at here. Like quality Captains chairs with Shoulder belt seatbelts and the happijac bedlift (which is mostly used in toyhaulers).

My initial investigation on these products has proven they are not available aftermarket or you need an approved vehicle to fit them to.
Does anyone one know how I can buy these products and at what price? ( I am all Googled out)
shipping won't be a problem as I have a mate that gets a container of 60's/70's Mustangs and parts once a month sent over here.

Any help would be appreciated
Ednj

Ed & Sue Skiba

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 04:03:58 PM »

http://bart.ccis.com/home/mnemeth/rvsalvage.htm

http://www.rvsurplus.net/
 Wink Shocked Cool

MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 06:32:25 AM »

I had a set of aftermarket shoulder belt seats, some of the typical puffy vinyl uphostered jobs, and I replaced them with shoulder belted seats from a 2003 GM pickup.  very comfortable. but no arm rests, which I don't like anyway.  The shoulder belt in the seat back concept, according to my sister who was a passenger restraint system engineer for GM for many years, is the best possible way to arrange a shoulder belt.  BUT they depend totally on the seat base mounting to work properly.  So use bases that are strong like bull, so to speak.

I do like a good shoulder belt, personally, but others are happy with lap belts.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: