Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 06:49:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Webasto Heater No Fire  (Read 4074 times)
mc5a Jon

My boy and his toys.

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 02:34:11 PM »

Thanks everybody I have not tried to mess with it yet but I will soon.
Jon
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 04:25:25 PM »

Can't help you with the Webasto but the simplest way for a temporary warm up on a cold pan is a mag mount block heater like this.  Y

Don't waste your money on that magnetic heater. I put one on my bus and it lasted about 2 months till it corroded and shorted out. Big sparks. Thought it was going to burn down the bus!
Buy an engine block heater element and install it in the side of the block. Simple and effective.

TEMPORARY - look it up - it means occasional use.  Once or twice a year it will work just fine.  Stick it to the bottom or side of the pan for a couple of hours and pull it off when the bus starts.  If you need an actual block heater for daily starts that's a whole different matter and nobody in their right mind would consider using a mag mount for that purpose. 

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: