Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 11:15:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ok OK Confession Time,  (Read 3508 times)
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 06:24:05 AM »

You could also get a little suction cup like goes in showers and stick in front of the windshield with the card that reminds you to put the antenna down, retract the awning, put your chocks back in the bus, make sure the seat to the right has the gurl in it, etc! Grin
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 08:05:00 PM »

We hang a little velcro type strip on the hand crank. When we want to crank the antenna up, we move the velcro strip to the top of the steering wheel with the wheel straight ahead.

For us, the cues have been in just the right place at the right time. I don't think that we will change anything, for now.

Tom Caffrey

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
philiptompkjns

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 10:35:16 PM »

I was setting up the TV digital converter for use and was waiting for the setup to timeout. Cleaning up other things within the interior, got the TV working and shut it down.

Started the bus and drove into the hanger, Yes you guessed it, sheared off the Wingard Batwing antenna. I always knew it would be like the two types of pilots who fly retractable gear, those who have landed gear up, and those who will....

I broke the base that swivels within the larger mounting base. I looked it up on the Wingard site and looks to be a relative inexpensive part. I hope I do not have to remove the base plate, but we will see.

Taking suggestions for an obnoxious, but effective reminder......   

I am thinking of a large plastic spring clip either on the roof antenna, or on the chime toggle switch.

Gary

luckily I'm one of "those who will"
Spoken from someone who's career depends on it, I hope you are wrong.

maybe try getting a beefier antenna, next time the hangar will lose  Grin

1990 102a3... Just got started, don't  know  what I'm doing.
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 01:54:57 AM »

Hang a weight on a piece of string from an appropriate place on the hanger ceiling. When driving the bus into the hanger the weight will strike the windscreen in front of the driver and remind him to go and retract the antenna!

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 06:29:28 AM »

Hang a weight on a piece of string from an appropriate place on the hanger ceiling. When driving the bus into the hanger the weight will strike the windscreen in front of the driver and remind him to go and retract the antenna!

Jeremy

And the newly cracked windshield too! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Sorry Jeremy I just couldn't resist! Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 06:46:52 AM »

This can be simply  done by mounting a micro switch on the roof that is wired thru a relay that is wired thru the inginion switch and then wired thru the generator switch. Then you wire the + (positive) side of the generator to the frame of the drivers seat and the - ( negetive) side of the generator to the gas pedal. It will then gently remind you the antenna is up. Or you can do it the hard way and tell the boss to remind you, somehow the ladies always remember these thing.

Good Luck Wayne
junkman42

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 07:35:49 AM »

Make the weight a tennis ball!  Saves the glass.  I have one in My garage so I do not bump the wall with My vette.  Short and old and cannot see over the hood,LOL.  john
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 08:06:51 AM »

If you bus uses a key to start you could hang it to the crank.

Mike

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
RichardEntrekin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 09:25:57 AM »

I have an ignition key, that is blank. It will not start the rig. I keep the key on a big orange tag that resides by the video equipment. If the antenna or dish goes up, the blank key goes in the ignition. It was worked well so far.

Richard Entrekin
95 Newell, Detroit S 60
Subaru Outback toad
Huntington WV

Often wrong, but seldom in doubt
CS

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 02:05:36 PM »

Hang your keys on the crank

Sorry I missed previous reply Embarrassed
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 02:09:58 PM by CS » Logged
BG6

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 06:18:12 PM »

If ir's a crank-up, take out the crank retaining screw and put a hook on it.  Pull it off when the antenna is up and hang it from the steering wheel.  Do similar things for your shore power, water and waste umbilicals, so that if they are unsecured, there is some key component on the steering wheel.

REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT!!!

thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 09:28:10 AM »

Years ago, I borrowed my Dad's RV and it didn't take me long to destroy the antennae.  First night out of the campground and it was gone... victim of a low branch and my own absent-mindedness.  Fortunately, Dad was pretty understanding.  It never did get fixed, so we never did develop any kind of reminder system.  Just watched movies from then on until it got sold. LOL

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2009, 05:26:31 PM »

I took the TV's off of my bus,  I did get a bus to go somewhere else and watch TV Wink

Anyway, if you must, why not just skip the antenna and watch it on the Internet.
http://www.hulu.com/

just google internet TV,   you'll find plenty of nothing on Cheesy

gotta run my show is on Cheesy

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2009, 05:59:21 PM »

I took the TV's off of my bus,  I did get a bus to go somewhere else and watch TV Wink

AMEN!!!  We don't even have cable at the house.  Every time I do watch something on TV, I feel like I lose about 10 IQ points.

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: