Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 03:17:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time To Pass The Keys  (Read 4306 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« on: November 03, 2009, 05:16:47 AM »

You guys have told me I would know when it was time and that time has come for me .
I will 70 in a month and after Quartzsite I am going to sell my beloved Eagle and devote what time my maker has given me to live on this earth to my wife of over 40 years, my children and my grandkids what a joy the grandkids have been.
Bus people are the greatest people on earth I have many friends that I have met over the years since I started this in 1968 and remain friends to this day and besides that they are making the 12r tires a lot heavier now LOL.This maybe off topic but I did mention Eagle 

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 05:22:52 AM »

You guys have told me I would know when it was time and that time has come for me .
I will 70 in a month and after Quartzsite I am going to sell my beloved Eagle and devote what time my maker has given me to live on this earth to my wife of over 40 years, my children and my grandkids what a joy the grandkids have been.
Bus people are the greatest people on earth I have many friends that I have met over the years since I started this in 1968 and remain friends to this day and besides that they are making the 12r tires a lot heavier now LOL.This maybe off topic but I did mention Eagle 

good luck

All I can say is, "Well, it's about time!"   Cheesy

Seriously, I think the mark of a great mind is that the person knows his limitations, and I applaud you for coming to this decision on your own. I cannot imagine how I'll feel when that time comes for me.

Of course, like the song says, "... you can check out any time you like, but  you can never leave."  It applies to the this community and bulletin board as well as the famed hotel.

Good luck to you and your family.

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
trucktramp

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:03:26 AM »

I have been a lurker on this board for about a year or so and in this time I have seen that you are one of the few 2 stroke gurus remaining.  I have been around diesels for many years but know only a little about the 2 strokes.  Your vast knowledge will be greatly missed by all of us here.  I can only hope that you will check in from time to time to continue to guide us along the path. 
Should you decide to return to bussing, remember that 70 is the new 40 so you are still young.  Good luck in your next adventure my friend.

Dennis Watson
KB8KNP
Scotts, Michigan
1966 MCI MC5A
8V71
Spicer 4 Speed Manual
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:09:08 AM »

Well Clifford as usual I truly respect your judgement, and if you feel 70 is the time for you, then so be it!

I have truly enjoyed watching, reading and learning form you, and hope you'll continue to grace us with your presence and wisdom from time to time!

Enjoy the family, especially the young ones they are our future! Most of all enjoy what ever time you have left to the MAX! And try to keep Sonnie, Doyle, & Van inline! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 06:17:43 AM »

Well Clifford , when talked on sunday you mentioned it. and I truly understand . Iam still not going to leave you alone.  Grin and that makes meeting you in Quartzite in Jan that much more speciel to me . You have been and still remain a hero in the Bus world ,your unselfessness  and willinness to help anyone anytime is what makes this insane world go around. THANK YOU  you are my bus hero.

Andy

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
rusty

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 06:19:53 AM »

Clifford, I hope the only keys you give up are to the bus. I hope you still have a little time to pound on the computer keys and pass on some more of your knowledge. See you in Quartzsite and will miss you at our future Eagle rallys.

Good Luck Wayne
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 07:16:25 AM »

I will just echo what has been said.  I highly respect you for knowing when to step away from the bus and for recognizing the priorities in life (family).  But as others have said, I hope you will still hang out here sharing your experience and bus wisdom in your spare time.
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 07:54:37 AM »

Clifford,Sonja.Before I start getting teary eyed,and all emotional Cry over this LOL,you should also know that you guy's will always be like Family to Mom,Cheryl and I ,you are like the Dad I never had and a true friend to me,well you know what I am saying(honey where's the tissue's Smiley), any way there I got that of my chest (hope I'm not outta line by saying this but it is from the Heart buddy,really now! I mean it!)

YOU ARE THE BEST!

VAN
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 07:56:12 AM by van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 07:57:45 AM »

We never met but I value your conversation and advice.  And I very much respect your choice.  Thanks for all the fish...

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
busdriver58

Eagles Fan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 10:09:11 AM »

Clifford, I don't drove to your place a few weeks ago because of time and now I know, that was a bad decision.

We never meet but your comments in the past months where very helpfull and I apprecciate a lot what you offered, just a few in this world offer his help for nothing.

If you decided to let it go your treasure to have time for the family I need to learn from you.

Julio

Chihuahua, MX
1969 Eagle 05 8V92/Auto &
1964 Eagle 01 8V71/Std
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 11:34:56 AM »

Wait, I thought 70 was the new 68 (had to skip a number to avoid confusion). 

You don't have to believe everything you think.
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 12:34:04 PM »

I too will echo what has been said, except for the father thing as we have never met. Plus that would make Van and I brothers. Never had a brother before, although I am adopted!  Anyway thanks for your wealth of info here. It really does help many of us to build the courage and have the self confidence to carry on with these nutty projects. When people such as yourself speak here, there are more listening that what you realize.

Grant

Have Fun!!
Grant
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 02:58:44 PM »

NO!

I've never even met you but you are near the top of my hope to list!

I do understand though. I too am getting older and slower. Frankie and I are nearing 43 years together.

I find it harder each time to do the bus projects now. I have been remodeling my Eagle all summer and still have to reinstall the rear service bay and the new dash.

Arthritis severely limits my bus work. Services are getting harder each time.

Please do not leave the Boards just because you sell the coach. If all the knowledgeable folks leave, where will the new nuts get their guidance? They aren't making any new two stroke guys!

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do.

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
John Z
1959 GM PD-4104 4139 Northern Minnesota

"Tubby"

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 04:07:41 PM »

Clifford, you are exactly what i think of when i think of this bus forum! When i broke down on the north TX border a few years ago, it was you that responded in about 10 minutes after i posted my predicament. You put me in touch with Sonny, and he and Mike saved my trip!!! I will never forget you guys.

I can understand the shift in priority from bus to family. God bless you and them, and i hope you all enjoy each other as much as is possible. You know you will always be welcome to drop in if you ever get up north, no matter what you are driving! Take care.

Custom patches, caps, t-shirts, lapel pins etc since 1994.
Silver Brook Custom Embroidery and Patches
www.silverbrook-mn.com

"Now I Know Why Turtles Look So Smug"
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 04:09:59 PM »

They aren't making any new two stroke guys!

Joe yes they are Smiley,right here on the boards,I ain't there yet,but hope to be  Wink Smiley

Van

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: