Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 09:16:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time To Pass The Keys  (Read 4566 times)
CindyandJohn

1989 Eagle Model 15 6V92

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2009, 04:34:09 PM »

luvrbus

We have never met - but thank you for all of your advice in the past.

Please remember this - I bought my bus from a gentleman ( Win Silver ) who was about 81 and he was only selling it to downgrade to a 40 footer so his wife would be more comfortable driving!

I do respect your choice and the fact that you have made that choice. I hope we all can be as smart when that time comes. I have a few more years left ( about 28 to be exact )...

John

Will be away from our bus for a while Sad
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2009, 05:09:18 PM »

If it is time, then, so be it!

But, you old fart, you'd better hang around the boards for some time to come.

There are a few of us who need correction from time to time!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2009, 05:21:47 PM »

Echoing all that the others have said, and wishing you good luck Clifford
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 05:52:05 PM »

I knew this was coming so it doesn't suprise me, I just hated seeing it actually happening. I know it will happen to all of us someday, and I applaud you for making a very difficult decision.

A lot of people here know how I had the privilege of meeting you and Sonja. Like John, I was broke down in Palm Springs, lost the air compressor on the Detroit. You and your wife drove from Mohave and delivered it in person, you didn't have to do it, you wanted to. I hope we all can learn from your generous offer to help, never expecting anything in return.

Please keep in touch with the bus boards when you can, I've got your phone number so you can expect a phone call from time to time. Hopefully I can "Pass It Forward" to others in need.

Keep in touch,

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 07:09:57 PM »

70 is a bit young to be giving up the bus!!

It would be nice to be 70 again!!

I'll be 80 in March and I have no plan to give mine up until I can't drive it anymore, which could  be tomorrow!

I use mine to take along my lovely wife, who loves it, and to visit my seven grandbabies scattered on three different coasts. They all love it too.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 07:21:49 PM »

I got that problem solved Gus I am moving close to all 16 grandkids instead of 1500 miles one way only 20 miles and then they can come visit me LOL 

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 07:26:05 PM »

luvrbus - clifford,

last summer when i didn't know who knew what and i sure didn't, your name came up and you offered help, quickly and easily.  i'm not sure i said thanks, but i'm saying it now.

we did get it put back together, mostly.  i never suspected you were that old, nor too old to drive your bus.  but i respect your decision and thank you again for helping everyone on the board.

please stay in touch, attend the rallies, and enjoy the kids, and grandkids.

happy trails.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 07:29:00 PM »

A good move.

Since mine are in three different directions I haven't figured out a way to do that yet!!

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 07:37:52 PM »

Clifford,

I had no idea. Thanks for letting us know. I will post more later, when I can formulate my thoughts better. I can tell you, that if you stop posting as much on the board, you will be one of my most missed posters. You are one (maybe the one) of my absolute favorite posters, on here. I have come to greatly respect your opinions, and advice....

Right now I gotta get to bed. I have been running like crazy today, and I'm beat.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
cody

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 07:42:07 PM »

At some point we will all reach the point that we will take our gloves off and pass the keys on like you say.  When we do that and we all will at some point, the only thing that will matter is if we made a difference to anyone, did we affect anyone in a positive way, we can't answer that, only the ones around us can do that, just continue to be the person that everyone around you is saying you are and you'll do just fine, changing a persons lifestyle doesn't mean the end, only a new chapter beginning.  We'll meet up at some point and probably kick some tires, I'll kick your lexus tires and you can kick my ford granada, meanwhile the coffee is on. lol
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 10:08:02 PM »

Quote from: cody
At some point we will all reach the point that we will take our gloves off and pass the keys on like you say.

Not me! I already know I'm gonna die peacefully in my sleep just like my grand pappy! NOT SCREAMING & HOLLERING LIKE EVERYONE else riding the bus he was driving! Grin

Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 12:03:27 AM »

Clifford…I can see you have a good point is to spend more time with the growing family tree and the maker. However maybe one of your children could take ownership so it be remembered and they can enjoy taking a trip whenever. I can see perhaps one or more of your grand children would like see and learn of what a bus conversion is really like when they grow older.

Whatever you do…in your spare time…keep us bus nut in check if you will.

Thank you for all your efforts of helping me and others in a moment of time.

The reports show where your loving heart is. You’re special!

Keep looking up and take care, Gerald

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2009, 05:43:27 AM »

Clifford,
    I hope you continue to read & post on this BB.  I look at it as your are moving on to the next chapter of your life.  Your post have given priceless help to so many of us, not to mention your hands on help to many.  Best to you & your family in this new chapter.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2009, 06:05:26 AM »

Clifford,

Best of luck, as many on here I have enjoyed your contributions and learning from your wisdom.

Please, don't become a stranger on the BB's but instead a Professor of Buses emeritus.

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2009, 08:56:48 AM »

We never met but would hate to loose someone with your skills.
Your still young I would not rush to sell your bus maybe keep it around for vacations
Who know after a few years you may wish you still had the bus.
Lonnie

1976 4905
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: