Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 01:28:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MCI9 magician required to work on our bus in Lower mainland BC, Canada  (Read 1742 times)
bcbusnut

Ignore
« on: July 21, 2006, 08:17:32 PM »

He everyone just wondering if there are any good mechanaical magicians located in the lower mainland that woould like to work (paid) on our bus? we need to get the air suspension and brakes rebuilt this includes all lines and fittings and whatever else it takes.

any one interested please e mail me at rob@macraeandassociates.ca or call 1 250 554 2774

cheers and thanks

Rob
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2006, 06:17:44 PM »

Hi Rob,

Did you get any offers on this?  What area ( states ) did you need the magician?

Hope this helps, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
ceieio
MCI 7 DD 8V71, HT740

1973 MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2006, 06:54:04 PM »

Rob - I don't know anyone up your way, but you could call Infinity Coach in Sumner, Washington (253) 891-0879.  They are a conversion company and don't do mechanicals, but I imagine that they know folks to refer you to.

Craig - MC7 Oregon

Craig MC7 - Oregon USA
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 06:36:36 AM »

Charter bus companies frequently do mechanical repairs for individuals. You don't want to be paying shop rate for a mechanic to get an education on buses. The charter company mechanic works all day, every day on buses and is the most cost effective. Take the Yellow Pages and call around your area and then go visit the shop foreman.

If this bus is in commercial service (owned and operated by a businesss) it may have to be repaired in a licensed shop.  If it is a personal use bus, ask questions on the board and have a go at doing the airbags yourself then have the brakes done at a truck brake shop or charter bus shop.
Gary W

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 07:50:40 AM »

Hi Rob

We have a great shop in Vernon that works on my coach and many other coaches in BC . The company is NRG  give  Gord a call at   877-765-7776.

Gary
rgwilliams

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2006, 07:46:17 PM »

Rob

Have you tried calling this conpany?  They're over by the old BC Rail station.
I think they have been used by some of the major bus companies.

Western Bus Parts and Service
95 Philip Avenue,
North Vancouver, BC  V7P 2V5
Tel. : 604-980-4844

Rob Williams
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2006, 08:38:45 PM »

we need to get the air suspension and brakes rebuilt this includes all lines and fittings and whatever else it takes.
any one interested please e mail me at rob@macraeandassociates.ca or call 1 250 554 2774
cheers and thanks
Rob

Rob, be sure to get estimates before you authorize the work that you describe...the air suspension may have major issues and there may be several methods, some more and some less expensive, to effect safe repairs.
To rebuild "all lines and fittings" and "air suspension" and "brakes" on an MC9 could easily cost several times what the coach may be worth. Shocked Sorta like the AC, eh?
A better approach may be to describe what isn't working, or what your chief complaint with the various systems may be. Fix what needs to be fixed, but be cautious with turning someone loose "carte blanc" on an old bus.
Real "magicians" are expensive...bad "magicians" may be expensive in a different way...
Be careful, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: