Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 07:54:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions on MC-7 Custom Coach  (Read 5350 times)
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2009, 08:09:41 PM »

Marc,

Since we spoke last night you know my opinion. Look it over well and from talking with you I am sure you will. On the topic of transporting remember I have a contact that would most likely beat the $3.00 a mile. Send me a PM on the pick up location and destination and I can get you a quote. At least that way you will know ahead of time. Anyone that is checking on having a bus hauled get ahold of me and I can probably help out.

Bryan
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2009, 12:51:36 AM »

Marc -

Just a few thoughts from this old bus man. . .

~~ The MC-7 was the foundation that the MC-8 and MC-9 were based on.  Ruggedly built, but with a few quirks, some of which have already been pointed out.

~~ They are prone to overheating if the cooling system is neglected, especially all the sealing around the radiators and various access doors.  That and a driver that's not paying attention, especially pulling grades.

~~ Originally built with a drop-center aisle, unlike all subsequent MCIs.  I noticed in one of the pics that CC leveled the floor, w/o a roof raise.  If you're over 5'11", you may find yourself scrunching over as you walk thru the coach.

~~ Interior layout looks typical CC, seen lots over the years.  As somebody else mentioned, when you combine the exterior paint livery with the interior colors, it looks a lot like one of the coaches used by McDonald's back in that time frame.  IIRC, altho based out of Chicago, they were scattered around the country for use by various franchisees as promotional vehicles, as well as regional travel by corporate folk.  I believe McD's had a contract w/ Greyhound to have them serviced by GLI's maintenance departments.

~~ As has already been requested, get the Serial Number and Unit Number off the coach.  If CC removed the plaque from the ceiling over the driver, you may have to do some digging (but then again, it might still be there, just covered up by the overhead cabinet with all the system switches & gauges).  The other location is on the blower box wall, above the sight glass in the cooling system recovery tank.

~~ Unless somebody's changed over the power-assisted steering to the Sheppard box, be prepared for a turning circle quite a bit larger than the 35' buses.  Might be a factor wiggling into some campgrounds?

Lots to check out, keep us posted!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

PS:  There's a couple of 4106s for sale on Craigslist right now. . . as well as Macgyver's burned 4905.

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2009, 02:44:59 AM »

Never considered it a plus to be short until now... Grin  I am 5'9" 

Thanks for all the good info, RJ.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 02:47:07 AM by thejumpsuitman » Logged

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2009, 04:50:52 AM »

Jumpsuitman,

We have a 7. It is pretty original, as far as insulation, no roof raise, original windows, steering, cooling, etc. We are using the original conversion with me changing things to suit us as I have time & money.

WE FULL TIME IN THE BUS.....all summer....all winter. Spent last winter in Maryland. (see the avatar pic  LOL).

Is it perfect? NO! Is it horrible? NO! It's doable! The floor is leveled. I can walk thru it without bending over (I'm 6') but not in boots. No tip toes either.... LOL

If the coach is in good enough mechanical shape to suit you, & you can live with the layout, and you are OK with the price, BUY IT!

It will probably be one of the happiest days of your life. One of the next happiest days will probably be when you sell it! ROFL!

Just thought I'd interject a little real world experience of a similar nature into the conversation.

FWIW & YMMV!

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: