Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 03:09:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gerald Lewis - Sad news  (Read 7076 times)
Peabody

Bus wannabe,Gillig chassis,3208 cat

Ignore
« on: November 05, 2009, 05:13:39 PM »

On Oct.20th my DH passed away.It was like I was kicked in the head.We were just getting ready for the fight,little did we know the fight was over before it began. He had non small cell carcinoma a very fast growing cancer.He had lost so much weight he didn't have the strength to fight.

I'm doing as well as can be expected still having bad moments but they are getting less and less.Starting to get back into life a little at a time. Big Hugs Peabody

Enjoy Life...This is not a rehearsal!
Want to make God laugh?        Make plans
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 05:30:03 PM »

Peabody,

I am so sorry. I know that sounds trite, but I haven't figured out a way to say it better. Losing somebody is so hard, especially when it is your spouse, and so unexpected. I am not sure what else to say, but I am so sorry. I have lost one of the closest people to me, and it is so tough. I am praying for you. Time does heal, but there are times when memories (good memories) come back in a flood.

I am praying for you.

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 05:39:33 PM »

Peabody, you already know where my prayers are.  As I told you earlier, I'm here if/when you need me.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 05:43:56 PM »

You have our heartfelt sympathies and prayers for comfort for you and your family in your time of loss.

Such losses have such a world shattering impact on those going through it that is is hard to find words to express the compassion and sadness that we all feel with you.  Within that thought, I hope you know that you have a very large extended family here on the forum.
cody

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 06:15:03 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, if we can do anything to help, let us know, our prayers are with you.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 04:14:58 AM »

Gosh Peabody, what sad news to hear! The pain will never go away, just get replaced with good memories over time. Our hearfelt prayers go out to you. Hugs to you too!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 05:25:28 AM »

Peabody,
I 2 am so sorry to hear this, but at least he didn't go thru a long and dragged out ordeal in pain! FWIW  Cry   Kiss
 Cry  BK   Cry

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Peabody

Bus wannabe,Gillig chassis,3208 cat

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 07:40:45 AM »

Geez  make me cry why don't cha,lol. I have never met a more caring bunch of people as you busnuts.Just knowing you are there makes me feel very comforted.I have seen over this year and a half how you have helped stranger and friend alike whether it was comfort they were seeking or a bus part,you are truly a great bunch of people.My only hope is that  some day I will be able to meet y'all and give you a big hug in person. Until than here is my virtual Big Hug,Peabody

Enjoy Life...This is not a rehearsal!
Want to make God laugh?        Make plans
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 07:53:22 AM »

I'm sending one right back to you my friend.

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 07:58:10 AM »

Geez  make me cry why don't cha,lol. I have never met a more caring bunch of people as you busnuts.Just knowing you are there makes me feel very comforted.I have seen over this year and a half how you have helped stranger and friend alike whether it was comfort they were seeking or a bus part,you are truly a great bunch of people.My only hope is that  some day I will be able to meet y'all and give you a big hug in person. Until than here is my virtual Big Hug,Peabody

I'm sending one right back to you my friend.

Same here sweet heart! Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 09:05:43 AM »

Prayers and hugs to you. It is hard to let go of those we love so much. Take care of yourself, as everyone else says, its hard to know what to say, just know there are many there for you. Smiley  You are so right about this being a great bunch of people. I havent met most on here, but, it doesnt take long to know the hearts of people.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 10:37:22 AM »

So sorry to hear of your loss. The life cyle isn't an easy one. I try to use unfortunate cituations in my life to build strength for the next step. My thoughts are with you, as mentioned eventually the fond memories will over ride the pain.

Have Fun!!
Grant
PCC

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 02:08:45 PM »

May I add to the expressions of caring as you pass through this time of loss.

I do not think there is one here who would not, given the chance, reach out to another in need, so it is a great group to be connected to, and with whom we can share both our joys and our sorrows.

So from my place to yours, know you will be lifted up in prayer to give you the strength to make it through, and to remind you that someday, many of us will be collecting that hug.

Take care and be blessed.

Keith (PCC)

For some, patience is a virtue.
Dealing with me, it is required.
Thank God - He is always patient.
Ob1quixote

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 02:48:34 PM »

At the death of my brother, coming up on 30 years ago, someone told me "be strong when you have to, be weak when you need to".

sending a prayer...
Sojourner
Jesus Love You!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 01:01:08 AM »

I am so sorry you lost your love one.

You made a step in the right direction to help relieve your pain by letting us know from your post. It not a lot but it part of healing process.

Link to Effectual Fervent Prayers
“Effectual fervent prayer is the hardest kind of work there is to do. Not only does it take more out of a person than any other kind of work, we have to handle ourselves with a strong discipline to make time for effectual fervent prayer.” Unquote.

May the good Lord be with you 24/7.

If you haven’t already known this site, this might help. Cobblestone Road Ministry Click on “Women Corner” on the left side.

As the old saying goes…Nobody knows what it like that you have the experience until it happen to them selves.

We will be praying for you.

In the mean time…Keep looking up.

Gerald & Lynette
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:30:43 PM by Sojourner » Logged

http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: