Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 06:18:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Saw the MC-7  (Read 5114 times)
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2009, 07:56:59 AM »

Something no one has said so far, so maybe it doesn't matter where you are, but up here it has too many seats.  If a vehicle can seat more than 12 passengers up here it's a bus, with all the stuff that a commercial bus entails.  You have have to convert some stuff so it can't be a seat.  Just a thought.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2009, 08:00:06 AM »

I just watched the video. Never mind my comments about skyviews: I had misunderstood and thought the bus had them. I guess it still applies to the glass at the roof hump.
The interior looks to me like a good base for a start.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 02:28:22 PM »

Well, this deal went south in a hurry...  I spoke with the owner again and he is not interested in trading, and he has made clear that he wants to sell the coach where it sits AS IS.   Undecided  I am not prepared to take a chance like that, so I will have to call this deal dead.  Looks like it will be on to the next one.  Thanks for all the help.  My sights are now set on a 4106 that I have been scoping... Stay tuned...  Wink
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 03:02:07 PM by thejumpsuitman » Logged

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 03:02:42 PM »

I doubt you'll find anyone who sell an old bus with any sort of warranty.  The seller would be crazy not to sell AS IS unless the buyer is paying over market price.

Now, if he won't allow it off site before sale for a proper inspection at a bus garage that is different then.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 03:05:44 PM »

I doubt you'll find anyone who sell an old bus with any sort of warranty.  The seller would be crazy not to sell AS IS unless the buyer is paying over market price.

Now, if he won't allow it off site before sale for a proper inspection at a bus garage that is different then.

Warranty???  No, I think that probably ran out 35 years ago...  Grin  The coach is NOT running or moving and he is not willing to get it to where it can be driven.  He wants a buyer for it as it sits on his word that it's good and only needs a "distribution valve".  Even if his word is good, it's been sitting since the Spring of '08.   Undecided
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:51:01 PM by thejumpsuitman » Logged

"Life is like a game of Pool... No matter how bad it looks, you take your shot."
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 03:28:12 PM »

well, there's no "distribution valve" in the air system, so you don't even know what is wrong with the air system, the batteries are dead, engine not running....

Even the 6 speed allison in the deal, even big enough for a bus?

Too many questions, not enough answers...

next?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 05:53:00 PM »

Marc,

That goes back to what I was thinking about not even having the batteries charged to start it up. Something smells a little funny  Undecided Oh well, plenty more busses out there. Did you say you really had no interest in a 4905 or is it a thought? I saw one the other night that might not be a bad deal. I would just have to look back thru my sites.

Bryan
thejumpsuitman

'79/'97 Eagle 05

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 06:23:44 PM »

Marc,

That goes back to what I was thinking about not even having the batteries charged to start it up. Something smells a little funny  Undecided Oh well, plenty more busses out there. Did you say you really had no interest in a 4905 or is it a thought? I saw one the other night that might not be a bad deal. I would just have to look back thru my sites.

Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Not sure what to make of that... At best, it's odd...  or suspicious. 

I am open to a 4905.  Really looking for something that has most house systems in place.  I don't want to start from scratch.  I just don't think I have the attention span for that.... (Kudos to those of you who do)

At this point, my front runners are a 4104, 4106, or a buffalo.  I have done most of my research on GM buses, but I am an open to others.  Like the looks of the Flxibles, hi-level, flxliner.  The market being the way it is, I feel I can find a pretty good running/driving outdated conversion for around $5,000.  May sound crazy to some, but I am a rabid bargain hunter and have seen LOTS of them in that range, so I don't think it's unreasonable.

At the top of my list right now is a 4106 in TX.  Might make a new post to see if there is someone around there who can check it out for me.

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 06:48:00 PM »

There is a 62 GMC on the "Lemon Lot" in the Foothills of Yuma for $7000 or $7500 i think. Took a quick look at it a week ago but it was locked up at the time. From what i could see it looked in decent shape. Not a GM expert, ( i have a MCI ) but maybe there is one here in the area that could take a look at it for you if you are interested. Long way from NC tho.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 06:59:16 PM »

[Warranty???  No, I think that probably ran out 35 years ago...  Grin  The coach is NOT running or moving and he is not willing to get it to where it can be driven.  He wants a buyer for it as it sits on his word that it's good and only needs a "distribution valve".  Even if his word is good, it's been sitting since the Spring of '08.   Undecided

Not at least having the bus in drive away condition is a bad thing.  This guy is going to have to give this bus away if he won't at least get into driveable condition for the buyer.

Nothing says a warranty can't be offered on a used vehicle.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 09:38:48 PM »

Marc,

I know of a 4104 near Tulsa that is a nice bus. Has R&M front and rear caps and was repainted back in about 1998 but has been kept indoors. The paint still looks almost new. It was converted in the early 70's and it looks like it was just completed. Inside is nice just dated. The asking price was high but it is not being used and the husband had passed away a year or two ago. I will PM a photo to you. It is the only one I have but could get more if you are interested. I just came across the bus one day while going to a saw mill to have run up blocks made.

Bryan
josephgranzier
4106 fan

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2009, 04:49:42 AM »

Fellas
 I m with you , the guy is dreaming / delusional - I wouldnt care if Ronald Reagan owned the thing- it's worn out ! its done.
Who among us would have the vision ,the time and how much money to get that unit underway?

Could we have some fun with a single page estimate on labor hours , material oh and $$.
demo   200 hours  $1200  just getting rid of all the junk dumpsters / trips to the dump
Demo
DEMO
CLEANUP   80 hours
storage   $125 /month

Tires   $ 4000
Brakes $ 5500
suspension $ lets throw another $4000 -$5000 (towards that minor detail)
hvac    $ nothing  $2000 to $3000 wouldn't take care of
Electrical -  lets have an extra $2500 to throw in ( just for fun)

PLUMBING $ maybe something we could do ourselves  80 to 100  labor hours and $1200 material

Interior   whew - how about  200 hours  and  how much $  500- $3000 depends on wife's interest and how much she really knows you have spent so far

oh and lets not forget the exterior cleanup and paint ( you want it to look nice so as not scare the neighbors and relatives )

nothing another $2500- $5000  would take care of

so anywhere between  $18,000 to 25,000  and now you have a bus to be proud of ......and a couple of hundred hours in hard labor

any money left to travel with Huh
treasureman

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2009, 04:42:06 AM »

Hey I would like to share this with you 10 years ago I did the same thing I found a 1969 MCI 7 in a field
it was  completely converted  and on the back there was a plate that read Custom Coach Coversion well one thing led to another and I drove it home ( should have told the wife first).  Well I could not figure out anything on the bus so the wife decide to give CCC a call after being put on hold for an hour they came back and stareted to tell us about the bus It was the first bus they ever did it was prodused for Jack Rather ( movie producer)and then was sold to Presedent Nixon If you buy the bus and give them a call they will have everything on that bus from wiring digrams to layout measurements which they will send it to you.    about a year later I got a letter in the mail inviting us to there yearly costumer appreciation picnic and could I please bring the bus we were treated like Royalty when we arrived they gave us a complete tour of the Factory and all of there coach's well while we were doing the tour they ask if they could look at are old bus  I had no problem with it  we had a great weekend! and was hooked on busing for life ! after taking a few trips on it we received a letter again from CCC asking if we would sell the bus to them  well to make this story shorter they made me a offer and it was one I could not refuse and it  got me out of the Dog  house with the wife One thing I can tell you everything in the bus is done safe but it is defently dated ours looked like the one you are looking at right down to the switches ( they are aircraft ) !  If you have any questions feel free to contact me !~!
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2009, 02:17:41 PM »

My goodness Treasureman did you buy a lotto ticket that day too! Good for you

Grant

Have Fun!!
Grant
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2009, 06:45:09 AM »

Hey Jumpsuitman!  Check this one out.  I have no affiliation whatsoever. 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Beautifully-Remodeled-Bus_W0QQitemZ260508829039QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRVs_Campers?hash=item3ca789456f

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: