Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 06:06:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another cheap find...  (Read 722 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« on: November 08, 2009, 05:37:34 PM »

Our bus is being outfitted in early american garage sale..lol. We scored an almost brand new fridge for next to nothing from a garage sale where the folks were moving and couldn't take their new refridge with them.. I think we paid around $50. bucks. Its a name brand and was less than 6 months old when we got it. We got our hot water tank from a guy who bought it as a temp tank to use while he was replacing his home tank. Once again almost new and paid around $10. Tonight, we scored a JennAir four burner gas stove top with a down draft ehaust and the grill attatchment for $25. The previous owner replaced it in their kitchen because mamma didn't like the downdraft. It looks brand new and I believe the grill attatchment was never used. It'll be converted to propane and mounted in the countertop in my bus. Is it wrong to have a nicer stove in your camper than in your home Huh

Although this hobby can and probably will be expensive, with a little work, it can be outfitted nicely and inexpensivly. Im constantly reading the local want ads and Craiglists and have found some great deals... FWIW..

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 06:15:50 PM »

That to me is the correct way to outfit the inside of the bus because when you have to fix something on the bus part it can get expensive and this helps balance it out --- it is the way we did it

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 09:20:50 PM »

Any time I could I went through Elkhart, Its not that far from Barffalo. Most of what was in my bus was surplus, used, refurbished,scrounged or adapted. The macerator and water pump were from the Dana marine flea market in FL. The roof airs were off a new but totaled S&S outside Salem Oregon. The water heater, microwave and Huh were from Bob's used RV parts in HIgh Springs FL. The oak stair treads and ceramic tiles were from one of my favorites  Mr Seconds. I only bought new when the other options were going to look bad or require too much time and effort.   JIm

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: