Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 01:30:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another run to the sun and other points south in the works  (Read 4027 times)
cody

« on: November 09, 2009, 06:15:04 AM »

Here it is, November in the north again and once again the idea of getting the heck out of dodge before winter squashes me like a bug is running rampant.  We were successful is getting the lawyers money grab stopped and are now back on the original repayment plan that the hospital had established so things are looking very good on that front, libby is weak but cranky which is a good sign, she needs surgury but it can sit for a bit as long as we monitor her blood tests carefully, meanwhile I can work a bit and try to rebuild my financial situation, we are taking a close, realistic look at what we can do and work is one of them, I'm bringing my tools south with us, as least as many of the critical tools that I can carry, I've established a low labor rate, mainly cause I'm slow and the work I do isn't very good, but thats another issue lol, I'm also bringing our DJ equipment so I can make some noise from time to time.  We are hoping to be on the road as early as the first week of december so it looks like we'll be fighting the weather somewhat again but thats ok, we survived before and will do it again.  The route planned is to head south to BK's make his life a little miserable then head for jacks rally and the post rally, after that and some visiting, we'll head back to tenn to make some sawdust and help BK with the conversion of what will be the new home of the charter bus company, I will have to take a few days off in febuary for a bypass surgury cause the stent I have is failing they wanted to do that this week but that wouldn't work out so I postponed it till feb 4th.  Thats the plan for now lol life is good.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2009, 06:19:42 AM »

Jeez, Cody,

I stub my toe and cry like a baby for a week.  You have the guts of ten men.  Best of luck to you.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2009, 06:23:58 AM »

Cody, don't you build cabinets? I would love to see some of your work and perhaps we could invite you to visit sunny California for a bit and get some cabinets made and help out a bit?

Thanks

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Lonnie time to go
Lonnie

Saginaw, Michgan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 06:24:32 AM »

Cody its really great you are going south. I do hope that a change in weather will do you both some good. Wish i could do the same but you know how it is.
Lonnie

1976 4905
cody

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 06:27:45 AM »

Well grant, we do pile up sawdust, some places we pile it up a little higher than others, and thats going to be critical to our existance for a while, the rebuilding for us will take a while cause of the deep hurt the lawyers inflicted but thats ok, I'd like to see california but it's not possible this winter.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 07:09:46 AM »

Cody, do you have any pictures of cabinets that you build? We need some made for our new conversion we are doing this next month. We live in Georgia.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
cody

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 07:18:55 AM »

Ruthi, I've got some pics here on the board in a couple of places.  These are mahogany.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 07:44:39 AM »

Thanks Cody, What would be an approx. cost of building cabinets similar to the size of those. I think we are going to make them a little less than the normal 24 inches to save of space.

ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 07:57:07 AM »

Sorry, I forgot to say, (WOW), those look awesome. Grin

bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 08:12:57 AM »

Ruthi, I have seen some of Cody's work in person and it is awesome.  He is really talented!!

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 08:28:04 AM »

Cody & Libby;

Glad to here you both are still with us. Hang in there. Ruthi, I also have seen Cody's work up close, you will no be disappointed with his work. You might want to find some one else to apply the finish on them. LOL

Cody, You and Libby be careful in your travels.

Don
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 08:33:39 AM »

Congratulations on the legal success Cody!!  I'm very happy to hear that dark cloud is lifiting.  And the South is eager to have you back down here.
cody

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 08:46:27 AM »

lol don, you have to remember that i've got a 2 stroke so that limits me somewhat to oil finishes on my cabinets, mainly CF2-40 wt lol.  Ruthi, are you aware of the BYOB seminar after jacks rally?  You bring your own bus and can get some personalized attention on the work you'd like done.
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 08:58:42 AM »

Cody,

Is there anything I or we can do to help you guy's.

Don
cody

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 09:06:03 AM »

Don, now that the lawyers legal looting has been halted, at least for now, I think we're going to be ok, one thing the attorneys couldn't do was to take away my willingness or ability to work, they cleaned out everything else but we'll recover from that in time.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: